1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Aselica buff

Discussion in 'Hero Discussions' started by Acanis, May 3, 2018.

1. Acanis

Acanis New Member

Hey,

Aselica got a buff and I would like to hear, if she is viable now. :) I think, she could work great with Epis...
    Is Aselica now an alternative to Sonia?

Aselica
    - Skill cooltime for ‘Judgment of the Sun’ has been adjusted. Also, her Unique Weapon
    has been revamped that she will be able to make enemies weak and make allies stronger

[​IMG]

Kind regards
    Aca

2. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

I don't use Aselica myself, but looking at the buffs she's received, they hardly seem to do any good. Her UW effect was doubled and her S3 has a lower cooldown, but if nothing else has changed, then that's as far as she goes. The problem with her is that her buffs and debuffs are really too short (5 sec) to make an impact. She's almost just as viable as she was pre-patch, imo.
    Again, I don't use Aselica and I don't know if they ninja-buffed any of her values.

It's also hard to compare Sonia to any other (knight) tank since she doesn't amp a lot or buff the team's DEF like most other tanks. She brings plenty of CC to the table, as well as some damage when geared right at T5. Aselica, on the other hand, buffs her party members and not herself like Sonia does.

Acanis likes this.
  3. Seedborn

Seedborn Member

Uhm what? Sonia has an 40% amp (also for pteams with perk), thats one of her main selling points besides increased stun duration.

4. XiongZi

Fair point on the Phys team part maybe, but 40% is nuts when you put it next to Jane and Viska, especially with no 100% uptime. For reference, Jane has a 50% amp along with MDEF shred, as for Viska it depends on her UW level - 25% without, 50% with, 85% at 5*. She also has MDEF shred.

40% is pretty neat, but it's... nothing to brag about.

5. Geardagas

Geardagas Active Member

No, aselica is not viable. These buffs did nothing to solve the issue that keeps her down - the extremely low uptime of her buffs, and her completely worthless T5 dark.

Her Def boost only lasts 5 seconds, which means that you have to time it properly to get any value ou of it. That is impossible to do due to S3 long casting time.

There's no reason to use her instead of clause. None at all.

6. Seedborn

Seedborn Member

The comparison was between knights, or not? Viska is pretty unique with her skill set and amp/shred potential at her current state.
    For knights Sonia has the second highest magic amp alongside with Morrah. You made it sound as she doens´t have any amp at all. About her amp uptime: I tested a bit with my Sonia (1580 atkspd) and she enters 40% amp state after ~12 seconds with 0* UW and without additional buffs. That equals an 43% uptime (53% with 5* UW) which should be a bit higher with external buffs. And don´t forget during down time you still have 0-30% amp.

7. XiongZi

Who said it was a comparison between knights? I said tank in my post.
    Well, even if we remove Viska from the equation, Jane still stands.

"You made it sound as" But that's not what I said. I said she doesn't amp a lot. I never said or implied she doesn't amp at all.

By the way, we're talking about knights here, right? There are four magic-based knights, so being the second tied with Morrah in terms of amp really only leaves her in the middle, with Jane on top and Aselica and the bottom. Not entirely impressive.

8. Wynchester

Wynchester Member

Just got her, I'm in my "try anything with anything phase" ...

Currently paired her with Mediana, Requina and Selene... she's only 67 so i can't talk about it just yet, but in so far she seems a bit squishier than my Sonia or Morrah. Her S3 is interesting, but does not occur often.

I don't have her UW yet, my guess is she gets a bit better then.

Will talk about it more once she reaches 80