1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Beating El Rosed in 5-21

Discussion in 'Mission Advice' started by XiongZi, Aug 25, 2017.

1. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

If you're here for the TL;DR - CC and whack 'em to death with high ATK.

"What? CC, again? It's the same advice every time!" Yeah, because it's the best advice for PVE. Raids aside, maybe. There's a reason Lakrak is some kind of deity for chapter stages, and why almost everyone has Maria.

This guide is pretty skimpy, because unlike Jane, my victory over 5-21 for the first time was pretty... strange. Most of it is based off my own experience which I'm not sure is reliable. For the story mode battle pattern, I retested 5-21 on story mode with 3 T1 non-DPS heroes and 1 4-star to observe the battle.

This guide is done under the assumption you have no problems with the 3 rounds before El Rosed.

– STORY MODE BATTLE PATTERN –

When El Rosed has around 2.6mil HP left, Dimael will show up as an enemy. He will instantly cast his third skill (inflicts x MDMG upon the enemies in a straight line and blinds hit targets for 6 sec), and while casting he will remain stationary at the point where he first entered, which is all the way on the right side of the screen, way too far for almost any CC skill to get him. So his skill may end up only hitting your frontrow hero.

If you don’t kill El Rosed fast enough, she will begin casting a skill where she summons shadow versions of Kasel, Frey, Cleo and Roi. If this happens, the battle will become much, much more difficult as the 4 new enemies will instantly cast skills. The skills seem to be
    • Kasel’s 1st skill (stun)
    • Frey’s 2nd skill (party shield)
    • Cleo’s 3rd skill (whole screen attack AKA insta death)
    • Roi’s 3rd skill (unpleasant things)
    El Rosed will also have a magic immunity buff for a certain period of time after casting this skill. The battle ends when El Rosed has lost all HP.

– IN BATTLE –

CC. Best advice anybody can give you. If you time your CCs well enough El Rosed and Dimael won’t even get a chance to attack you or use any skills. The power of CC is incredible. It’s good because almost any skill that either of them throw at you is dangerous.

If you see her start to summon the 4 shadows, you can CC her to interrupt her skill. Do it early because the cast is pretty quick and the shadows appear a moment before the cast bar is full.

Beef up on your MDEF. Both El Rosed and Dimael use magic.

Increase your ATK. This one’s important because she’ll start summoning the 4 heroes if you don’t kill her fast enough. And without her summoning the 4 of them, the battle is much easier.

In short, don't let El Rosed use that summoning skill. It's not fun. You'll probably lose if she uses it.

– RECOMMENDED HEROES –

Brief sum-up if you didn’t catch everything from the in battle section.
    • Team should have at least 1 5-star*
    • Hero with good CC
    • DPS hero (or a team build that gets you a high damage output)
    *I had 2 5-stars when I defeated her. A few people have cleared it with only 4* heroes so I've dumbed it down to 1 5* just for safety

If you have a hero with cleanse (removes debuffs) it could be useful since Dimael has some CC, but it’s actually quite redundant if you have good CC yourself.

Any other queries/doubts, please let me know too, I'll retest the stage again. Most importantly, if you cleared El Rosed with a different method, it'd be great to hear. You can tell me your team and if you don't mind I'll add it to the list below.

– USED TEAMS –

I am no longer adding suggested teams due to how easy it is with the new new player login bonuses.

Magic
    Physical
    Hybrid

☆ Help Credits ☆
    @Tigerios, @Antigone, @Heidr, @Aria Hann, @2hard4felz, @Jules, @Granduu, @OhioAce88, @StormDragon

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Orion434, Paoooie and Antigone like this.
  2. Tigerios

Tigerios Active Member

I can't stress how much timing your CC can save your life.
    For people who can't kill her at once, try timing it when she is about to summon the shadows.
    Trust me when I say those shadows are more threatening than El Rosed herself.
    Not to mention the battle doesn't end if there are still remaining shadows even if you manage to defeat El Rosed.

Granduu, XiongZi and Marihna like this.
  3. Hehehe

Hehehe Active Member

Just a really curious question tho, how much stronger would you need to be if you let the shadows run wild (so if you let El Rosed cast the skill)? I can beat the level but I know at my current stage the shadows will slaughter my heroes

4. Tigerios

Tigerios Active Member

To be honest I really don't know cause I always try to prevent her from summoning.

5. XiongZi

Complete agreement about the CC!

I reran the stage a couple of times. Seems like Dimael's CC may interfere when you are trying to CC her summon. And when I tried to CC her while she was drawing the summon circle on the ground, it seemed to have no effect - could have been due to my poor timing though, so I'll check it out again when I can.
    Depends on the mode and team - on story mode a team of lvl55 - 60 was more than enough.

6. XiongZi

Looks like you can. I just suck. But she can't be CC'd towards the end of the casting. Thanks, Tiger - I'll add it in! Can't believe I overlooked that the first time.

Tigerios likes this.
  7. Antigone

Antigone Member

Ooo thanks for the awesome advice. I'm still stuck on this, but my heroes are all level 4, so I'm going to take this time to do Raids for equipment and maybe some more upper dungeons. Thanks though c:

Few questions:

Will Maria's knock back stop the casting for the shadow? And does her 2nd skill stop it, too?

8. Hehehe

Hehehe Active Member

just did a quick test. I wasn't able to stop casting on first skill, second skill worked fine, and i think theoretically the third should also be able to stop but maria takes a while casting that third skill.

also once she casts the skill, you have to kill the the blue things as well (but i have never been able to do that yet (heroes only at ~lv55))

9. Antigone

Antigone Member

Oh gosh. Apparently you can CC her to stop her summoning those blue thing..

Okay, and XiongZi, I realized that Arch's 4th skill, if you time it right, it can ignore Dimael's 3rd skill

10. XiongZi

Actually, I'm not sure if Maria's knockback skill can cancel skills at all. I actually prefer her 2nd skill for cancelling skills the most; quick casting time and decent shackle. Her 3rd skill should also work; the casting time is a little longer than 2nd skill, but not by much at all. The moment her 3rd skill's black sphere appears it's counted as CC and El Rosed's skill will be cancelled.

Maria's great.
    Are you speaking on easy, normal or hard mode?
    isn't arch's 4th skill the one where he dies

You're talking about Dimael's 3rd skill immediately after his dialogue in battle, right? Problem is, I can't tell if it deals any damage at all. I ran the stage on story mode around 8 times in total and not once did it seem to damage/blind my frontrow hero. And I did try with 3 different frontrow heroes. What about you?

Anyways, if it actually is a threat then using Maria's 2nd skill is also an option, since it will shackle the both of them and cancel his skill. If you do this you can save another CC skill for El Rosed. (Her 3rd skill doesn't reach him IIRC). That's just one method, though. Do whatever suits best!

Can I hear more about this Arch thing, though?
    <--doesn't use Arch

11. Antigone

Antigone Member

I just finished beating El Rosed. I used Clause, Arch, Selene, and Frey- all 4 stars. The moment you stun them with Clause, you can use Frey silence and it will postpone her casting the shadows for 6 seconds. Then Arch's cc from 1st and 3rd skill along with Selene's 3rd skill will stop her further

12. Hehehe

Hehehe Active Member

Frey has silence?

13. Antigone

Antigone Member

Yep. Her 3rd skill applies silence for 6 seconds. People tend to overlook this, since it deals little damage and has an underwhelming AoE, but she has a solid silence that has no pre requirements to silence like Arch's 3rd skill.

14. Hehehe

Hehehe Active Member

I am talking about both story and easy once she summons those blue ghosts. I can defeat her fine with cc but just for curiousity wanted to see if it was possible.

15. Hehehe

Hehehe Active Member

I thought it was blind not silence, they should still be able to cast but miss rate goes up. Unless blind works like silence (but for all I know I could be wrong)

16. Antigone

Antigone Member

Ahk! I meant blind, thank you. But still, I'm pretty sure by blinding El-Rosed, it prevents her red bar from rising again. I'm not sure how blind and silence works either myself, but in my experience, Frey did the trick after you originally stunned El-Rosed.

17. XiongZi

Noted! I'll leave it as 2 5* for now because I don't want people to come up on this thread and begin whining about being unable to beat El Rosed, this is a bug, why is Vespa so thirsty for money - so I'll leave it as that until someone else shares their experience. Admittedly, I was thinking of changing it to 1 5* prior to posting because 2 5* was overkill... Better to be safe than sorry?
    Lvl 55 should be enough to defeat the shadows.

18. Antigone

Antigone Member

Better safe than sorry is one of the mottos I live by. (The other one is, "It's not enough to succeed, other people have to fail.") So yes, leaving it like that is best.

And @Hehehe if you're curious, I think that you should take Frey out first, as she shields El-Rosed. I'm not sure though, and it might not matter too much.

19. XiongZi

Might be a problem because Frey casts her shield almost immediately, it seems, but it seems like casting CC will ruin their pattern. Moreover, it looks like El Rosed is magic immune for a while after summoning. Cleo's screenwide attack is more of a threat IMO.

Enhance gear and use MDEF boosting skills.

20. Heidr

Heidr Member

I beat her with all 4* hero. It's in Story Mode, right?

4* Clause, 4* Aisha, 4* Lorraine, and 4* Frey. all max level 50.

It's weird, right? but what I do is to save up mana at the stage before and quickly blast El-Rosed after Dimael arrived.

they key is to not to spam your skill or auto it. My gear is Black and Red dragon with lots of attack speed and lorra have her UW or Red gear also works but Black dragon is recommended for frey and Lorraine.

So the pattern is like:

Enter the stage > Frey's Shield then heal, Aisha and Lorra use 1st skill, when El-Rosed is almost at 50% prepare to tap on Clause's 3rd skill

Right after Dimael enter, Use Clause's 3rd skill immediately (and if you can, use the stun after) ,frey use 3rd skill/shield/heal whichever fits the condition, Aisha 3rd skill and Lorra 2nd skill then continue with Aisha's 2nd skill and Lorra 3rd skill. The End. Those shadows won't appear if you kill her quick enough.

This team is not very recommended because the struggle to get to El-rosed is real lol. Always have to put up shield / buff in the right time to keep Lorra and Aisha alive. There should be another team combination that could do things easier.

For my case, I only have those heroes at my start. I wasn't even at my 7th day of gameplay when i get there (I don't have any free 5* hero yet!)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017