1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Beating El Rosed in 5-21

Discussion in 'Mission Advice' started by XiongZi, Aug 25, 2017.

1. MoonlitSword

MoonlitSword Member

I found El-Rosed pretty easy to defeat. Just like any other game, you save your resources and manage your skill uses efficiently. I had all 4-star Heroes as well.

4-star Clause, 4-star Aisha, 4-star Kasel, 4-star Frey.

They were all level 50 with Heroic Gear (Purple Gear) at +15 (except for Frey and Kasel who both had their UWs at level 50). I didn't really bother to awaken the Heroic Gear that much. At most, I only did two or three stars. Three stars for the weapon, two stars for armor and secondary gear. No stars for the accessory because you can't really auto run the previous boss (Malduk) in hard mode at this point in the game if you only have a 4-star party simply because you need to time your CC or else your party will wipe. You are probably thinking isn't that a waste of time and money? In the long run, it'll allow you to farm Normal mode of the Chapter Five area which is a big help since you don't need to worry about gear until you 5-star your units. You could probably do some hard mode as well, but to me that's not really worth the time, effort, or stamina. You're better off just farming experience and storing it in flasks until you can make your core team into 5-stars. I would just focus on farming areas that drop orbs (and fragments) since orbs sell for a higher value than any other items in the same tier/color.

Onto the actual explanation on how to beat El-Rosed. Since this composition doesn't have that much CC, it can be hard to finish this stage but I finished the last battle in 15-20 seconds. Clause has one CC ability. His first skill. Kasel has one CC ability. His first skill. Frey has one CC ability. Her third skill which also has the longest duration out of all of the CC skills mentioned above. Thing to note. I am not really sure if Frey's third skill will stop the boss' red bar from progressing, but it will make any attack that the boss uses miss. I prefer to use Frey's third skill early in the battle (not at the start) as the boss will only be auto attacking you and not casting a skill. If your DPS is high enough, you should only have to use Frey's third skill one time, Clause's first skill two times, and Kasel's first skill once.

Once you've discovered a rotation of CC that fits you, your Aisha or any other main DPS is free to do tons of damage on El-Rosed. Just remember to heal/shield properly and you shouldn't need to worry about Dimael as El-Rosed will do most of the damage (magic damage). For Clause, I recommend having a M.Def Accessory instead of P.Def or HP since Clause already has a lot of base HP and gets a lot of P. Def from his third skill. It should help you mitigate a lot of magic damage from El-Rosed and keep your Clause healthy.

Quick thing to mention. You should also be able to beat her in normal mode with this composition as well. Barely, but you should be able too.

Good luck people!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    OhioAce88 likes this.
  2. OhioAce88

OhioAce88 Member

3. yuRei

yuRei New Member

I cleared it with 5* Liais 5* Gau, 4* Clause and Arch - all lvl 50 (gear t4 purple)
    Although I'm not sure whether 5* gau is important - most of the brunt is taken by Clause who survives fine with a shield - but the rest is pretty much a cc game - stun with clause - knock back with gau n arch - n just in case cleanse with gau - liais spamming her 1st skill (2nd only if someone's taking fast damage)

4. Aria Hann

Aria Hann Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much any CC when timed well becomes important for this stage, so yeah, the Gau in your team comp would be considered important. ^^

5. OhioAce88

OhioAce88 Member

Congrats MoonlitSword. It is EXACTLY like what the others and Aria are pointing out. Keep the monster off base/CC'ed. This monster has appeared again in Towers and Event dungeons. They go down the same, so I wouldn't bench your CC anytime soon.