1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 8-9 kicking my butt

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by butcheredboy, Jun 22, 2018.

1. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

Hello. I've completed Chapter 7 Hell, and am trying to get through Chapter 8 story mode. I have gotten to Chapter 8-9 and have run into a brick wall. I get wiped almost immediately. My current and strongest team is as follows:

Epis T5 0*UW
    Theo T5 1*UW
    Annette T5 0*UW
    Sonia T4 0*UW

I have read that Annette should probably be replaced with a true healer. I have Laias, but she is only T2 and without her UT and UW. I don't mind Transcending her, but is Annette truly not that capable? Also, are there any other team compositions I should look into (e.g. replace Epis or Theo with Ophelia or Lorraine)?

I have a few Weapon Tickets and a few spare rubies to spend. I also have Phillop, Naila, Requina, and Mediana for a Phys team, but they are still low level (I was building them before Chapter 8 dropped). Thanks

2. Nanyu

Nanyu Active Member

I'm afraid so... Annette is good, but this map calls two things: 1) an AWESOME wall deck or 2) 2 healers. Ofc are there some comps, extremely well geared or synergy where they just goes through, but if you're are with me (not even close to a 4* UW), you need to give these the attention it deserves.

Laias is awesome there. They have tons of mag dmg and she can mitigate it with her S4.

But someone is bothering me... Even Sonia is almost wiped? These should be happening so fast... Are everyone there 90?

3. MagentaLunae

MagentaLunae Member

I cleared the stage as soon as my Tank and Main DPS were level 90.
    So you will most likely need that to be the case

4. Degas

Degas New Member

I have the same exact team as my main 4 and cleared chapter 8 story with them. Annette and this team overall works but you'll need 2 things: DPS & good gear on your 4. Additionally, it wasn't until I got Epis, Theo and Sonia to 90 that I cleared full story. My Epis has 3* UW + UT, Theo 2* UW, Sonia doesn't have UW or UT and Annette has 0* UW and UT. All 4 of them are T5.

So I'd work on gear and getting more *'s on your main dps. 0* just doesn't cut it.

5. Reno_Tarshil

Reno_Tarshil New Member

Oddly enough I had to be level 89 to clear this and I was able to move on all the way to 8-20 where it just seems like a nightmare with all the damage going out, which sucks since the conquest stage is right after.

6. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

I forgot to mention that everyone in my current team is at level 90. I guess I'll have to farm more/better gear and raise their UWs a bit. Unfortunately, I haven't been very lucky with receiving any UTs.

I'm not sure why or what I'm doing wrong exactly, but my Sonia is always the first to get killed (and usually in the very first battle of Chapter 8-9). Then, it's like dominoes; they all start to die within a few seconds, one right after the other. Any suggestions on what I should use or do to make her more tanky?

7. MagentaLunae

MagentaLunae Member

Do you have her in full Blue Dragon?

8. Nanyu

Nanyu Active Member

As already said: Blue set. And since she was nerfed as hell, there's no point in getting the usual set (asp, crit, crit dmg and hp). Get aspd, some mdef and hp. Mdef is the path for survival at other stages as well. High starts is mandatory, for gears and UW (cleared with UW 2* at my dps).

9. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

I only have one blue set, and at the moment, it's fairly abysmal.

10. Nanyu

Nanyu Active Member

Without the right gear, it will be impossible =/

11. Joseph DeBartolo

Joseph DeBartolo New Member

I am running all 90 Selene Priscilla Annette with Lucias for a double heal and alot of support to makes Selene's dps insane. I ran into a brick wall at 8-10 and could not get Lucias or Annette to survive. Then I simply swapped in my T1 lvl 81 Clause in for my lvl 90 T5 Priscilla and as soon as Cluase got S3 off, every lvl was easy until Ch9 (Completed Hard mode on Ch 8 with Clause in who is now lvl 90 T4)