1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Do I just have horrible luck?

Discussion in 'Gear & Runes' started by Shisimona, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Shisimona

Shisimona New Member

Is there anyone else here who spends pointless hours grinding raids and not getting gear they need? This is why I hate playing games. Putting time into something, when you get nothing out of it.

2. Kilryu

Kilryu Member

Its better/easier to raid for Coins and just buy the gear you want, the real annoying part is doing for Scales

But no you aren't the only unlucky one

3. Shisimona

Shisimona New Member

Thats what I do. I just spent about 600000 raid points. I still don't get the stats I need for the proper gear.

4. Akiya

Akiya Member

Boi, me neither.

I personally would be alrd happy if I got two or three prefered stats in my gear.

5. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

Expect to spend about 300,000 stamina on BD70+ for the gear you need for some good parties in various pieces of content. If you've only gotten 600k raid points, then you may want to find good teammates who speedrun to get some good 5* gear so that you can start soloing BD70. Most of the people in my guild have amassed ~80m raid points throughout their careers and still don't have the sets they need.

6. Aetheriel

Aetheriel Member

When Vespa hands out T6 Tokens to buy entire sets of T6 gear, perfect the stats and then start working on 5* them so you can turn around and Awaken them to T7. I am currently working on 5* three sets that I got from those coupons. Or prepare to whale on gems for Reforging. - Admittedly, finding the right stats is an absolute bitch, but that's part of the fun. Then again, I enjoy endless progression games like KR and D3, stuff like that.

7. Shisimona

Shisimona New Member

I'm still trying to figure out who I should use those T6 tokens for. I just changed my whole team about 3 weeks ago.

I hate endless progression games. You can thank WoW for that. Started playing when it was in Alpha or Beta and I quit the game 2 years ago. I honestly wish I could rewind time and never started playing it. Took up so much time, with very little rewards

8. Aetheriel

Aetheriel Member

I am a fellow WoW-quitter, for much the same reason. WoW's grind got quite boring after 8+ years. - I used them on my favorite toons and made my own working composition. One set went to Priscilla, one set went to Frey and the other set went to Sonia. In truth, I probably should have used one on my Main DPS, but that is a mistake I am slowly trying to remedy.

9. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

Plate has two different stat groups to acquire, so you'll be getting twice as many quadfecta plate sets as the other sets. Likewise, Cloth has mostly trifecta requirements with a fourth stat being PvP or supplementing the hero's kit. Leather is the least dynamic set and is the hardest to acquire quadfecta gear for.

On top of all that, Plate and Cloth only fit on two classes, but Leather fits on three (Mechanic, Archer, Assassin), so there are more sets required. It's a no-brainer to use your tickets on Leather items.

A similar argument could be made about Earrings and Offensive Orbs. You want to get Atk Spd CR CD on those two items because they're the highest in demand and therefore you'll be needing the most of that type specifically.