1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Spend Gems on Special Item for UW?

Discussion in 'Gear & Runes' started by ColdHeat, Feb 27, 2018.

1. ColdHeat

ColdHeat New Member

Hi, I find it hard to get UW, wondering if it is worthed to spend all my gems on special item. How high is the chance to get UW?

2. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

For the 10+1 Red summon, each summon has a 1% chance for a UW and a 1% chance for an Artifact, totaling a 2% chance to get something unique out of each slot. The eleventh roll is different, though, and provides a 3% chance for each, totaling a 6% chance at something unique on that 11th summon. So on average, you can expect to get 0.13 UW's and 0.13 Artifacts from every 10+1 Red summon, or 0.26 unique items per 10+1 Red summon.

However, to give caution to these numbers, you will want to wait for what's called a Red Summon Event where Vespa gives you gigantic bonuses for popping your 10+1 Red summons. They happen about every 2-3 months, so stockpile your summons and wait for amazing rewards such as free UW selectors and Artifact selectors just because you waited to use your summons.

3. ColdHeat

ColdHeat New Member

Thanks. When was the last Red Summon event? Wondering how long it gets until the next one.

4. Elcrest

Elcrest Active Member

I wait for the release of new heroes. When new heroes are introduced we have special summon double rate event (for new heroes). That's where you can get UWs and artifacts. If you are not interested in new heroes you can grind their UW to get UW ticket.

5. ColdHeat

ColdHeat New Member

Ah I see. So grind 4 UW can turns to 1 UW selector right?
    Do you usually upgrade 1* with 1* to become 2* (and so on), or bet on just upgrade with 0*?

6. Elcrest

Elcrest Active Member

Yep. 4 random UW = 1 UW you can select. Some say it's not worth it. It depends on whether you would raise hero or not. For example I have zero intention on raising Ophelia as I don't like her at all. So I grinded her 2 UW I get during rate up summon event and got UW for the hero I need.

I do the same as for 'gear cost efficient upgrade way'. You can find it on KR reddit and here as well.
    So it's basically 0* UW + 0* UW,
    then 1* + 0*,
    2* + 0*,
    3* + 1* and later on 0*,
    4* + 2* + 1* + 1* + 0* and so on.

If I remember correctly.

7. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

4* takes 2* 2* 1* 0*, but the rest is correct.

In fact, the next Red Summon event starts tomorrow, so if you don't have ~18+ stored up, then wait for the next event because you'll want to use 20 for the selector.

8. ColdHeat

ColdHeat New Member

Thank you!

Thank you. Ah I just see the event banner haha

9. ColdHeat

ColdHeat New Member

10. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

If you use twenty 10+1 Red Summons, you get an Artifact Selector, a UW Selector, and some other really good stuff because of the event rewards. So if you can't perform twenty summons by the time this event would end (I think March 7th), then you should probably hold onto your summons for the next Red Summon event.

11. AxelZero

AxelZero Member

I wish i knew about this. I actually used up everything but havent reached 20 tickets. Should i use my remaining ruby to finish it or just start hoarding and wait for the next events to come?

12. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

If you spend money, then definitely consider finishing up your 20 summons. If you're F2P and don't already have ~18 summons, don't touch anything and start storing for the next event.