1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Epis...because I said I would and because she pretty amazing as well...

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Drekrim, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

Epis

Reasons to pick Epis

1. You want a character who is versatile enough to be tailored to do massive amounts of damage in either a single target or aoe dealer role just by swapping around some Transcendence Perks.
    2. She's a demon(succubus) who regardless is all on board for helping out the humans. So she has that whole anti-hero vibe.
    3. If you have a pulse and....well there may be children present so we'll instead just say: "You know why...you know"

Reasons to NOT pick Epis

1. She won't start pushing terribly crazy numbers until you get her UW. Getting the extra rune slots as well as the fact that it provides her with a crazy damage boost and damage proc means you'll feel the difference night and day between Epis with and without UW.
    2. In order to make full use of her skills Epis will be built very glass cannon and as her skills have her diving into the middle of groups of enemies if you don't have a team comp set-up to get her in and out safely you're essentially flipping a coin on who survives/wins the battle.
    3. Small children frequently watch you "play"

Skills Overview

[​IMG]

Absorbing Blow (S1)
    Mana [​IMG][​IMG] 12 Second Cooldown
    Deals XX M Dmg that ignores enemy DEF, and heals 25% of the damage as HP

20 [​IMG] DMG is increased by 10%
    60 [​IMG] DMG is increased by 15%
    120 [​IMG] DMG is increased by 25%

[​IMG]
    Nightmare (S2)

Mana [​IMG][​IMG] 8 Second Cooldown
    Moves behind the furthest enemy and deals XX M Dmg. Hit enemies take 30% increased M Dmg for 10 sec.

120 [​IMG] DMG is increased by 25%

[​IMG]
    Devil's Prom (S3)
    Mana [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 20 Second Cooldown
    Deals XX M Dmg to all enemies in range. Gains immunity to CC while using this skill.

120 [​IMG] Upon a Crit Hit, heals 25% of damage as HP

[​IMG]
    Harvest (Passive)
    When an enemy is killed by this hero, ATK is increased by XX for 12 seconds, and all skill cooldowns are reduced by 30%

20 [​IMG] ATK boost is increased by 10%
    60 [​IMG] ATK boost is increased by 15%
    120 [​IMG] Per each kill, recovers one orb of mana

Skill Max Order

S4/S3/S1/S2

Skill 4 is first because you want to be able to start getting those stacks as soon as possible. Also the extra mana never hurt anyone either! Skills 3 and 1 are basically equal just depends on if you want to maximize you AOE or Single Target damage first. S2 is last as it's mainly just for the M DMG amp than actual damage.

Gear Option Priority

Attack/Attack Speed/Crit/Crit Damage

You're basically just running the same old run of the mill stats as you typically do on any DPS. The only difference here is that you don't need lifesteal as she has a ridiculous amount of it in her kit. Penetration you still really don't need though with the most recent changes to S3 where the ignore defense was removed from it it wouldn't be terrible to grab a line or two but don't go overboard.

Dragon Sets

The first thing worth mentioning is that the 2 set and 4 set bonus are additive not cumulative meaning that if:
    2 set bonus is X Stat 100 and the 4 set bonus is X Stat 150 then you will receive X Stat 250 as your overall bonus(If you don't believe me then go do the math yourself!!) Now that that's covered on to the actual set bonuses.
    Fire Dragon
    2 set: Crit +100
    4 set: Crit +130
    Frost Dragon
    2 set: HP +10%
    4 set: HP +13%
    Poison Dragon
    2 set: Crit Resist +100
    4 set: Crit Resist +130
    Black Dragon
    2 set: MP/Atk +280
    4 set: MP/Atk +360

Your choice here is really going to come down to how much farming of different dragons you want to do and whether or not you're having any kind of mana issues. I've found my happy place to be 2 Fire Dragon and 2 Black Dragon. However if you're doing Arena heavily the I would go with the 4 Black Dragon.

Accessories

As with most DPS you're going Earrings here.

Runes

So your rune choices are pretty straightforward as well.

Weapon

UW
    If you aren't having any mana issues then go ahead and run 3 Atk Runes.

If you find yourself starved for mana then sub in 1 MP/Attack Rune.

3x Attack %
    2x Attack %, 1 x MP/Attack

Non-UW
    After the reworks to her UW I would recommend getting her UW as fast as possible as she won't give you those truly massive damage numbers without it. However in the event that you don't have it yet run 1 Atk Rune.

1x Attack %

Chest Rune
    Here you're going to want to run the traditional Crit Damage % Rune. Nothing else just this one.

1x Crit Damage %

Secondary Armor Rune
    Here you'll be going with the ever faithful Crit Rune. Nothing else once again. Just trust me. I'm....kind of a doctor...sort of...not really...but yeah...trust me.

1x Crit +

Transcendence Perks

I'll be coming back to this section to add in some pretty charts and icons and such and give you some in depth breakdown for each level. For now just know that there are a couple different ways to build her depending on what content you're looking at. However you will always start with Attack Up and Oppurtune Strike for her T1 and T2 in every build and end with T5 Dark.

World Boss
    T1: Attack UP
    T2: Oppurtune Strike
    T3: Nightmare(S2) Dark
    T4: Absorbing Blow(S1) Light
    T5: Epis Dark

Dragons/General PvE
    T2: Oppurtune Strike
    T3: Nightmare(S2) Dark
    T4: Devil's Prom(S3) Light

PvP
    T2 Oppurtune Strike
    T3: Nightmare(S2) Dark (Light is good too but I like the free attack with dark)
    T4: Absorbing Blow(S1) Dark

Artifacts

Basically anything that gives her more attack speed or attack power will work.
    Drinking Horn of Ancient Cow
    Golden Cat Statue
    Blessing of Earth
    etc.

Q&A

Conclusion

Sorry it has taken so long to get this up. I also promise to come back and fancy this one up and add in those tiny little remarks and hints of with that hopefully you guys enjoy as much as I do. :D However this gets everyone a brief idea of what to expect with her. If you have specific questions go ahead and ask. I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner.

Credits to
    The entire forum family for being so patient
    @TheGreatWall for encouraging me to start writing guides at all
    @Kilryu for reminding me I still had this guide to do and people were asking for it
    @Myfingers for staying strong and powering through

2. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

Reserved for future guide edits

3. Geardagas

Geardagas Active Member

Small children watch you "play"

Why is play in quotation marks. Be very descriptive.

Anyway I'm thinking that I disagree with your transcendence suggestions. In my experience the best setup for all content is ignoring 3 and 4 and taking both 5s. The extra mana on S2 dark just makes things too slow, especially in arena.

4. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

So I can buy that for arena especially. However for World Boss and dragons I've been able to always spam her skills whenever they come off CD and can see her DPS shoot up and health bars drop. It pays out immensely the longer a fight goes as you're getting an extra skill for half the cost. And it hits right after she applies the debuff allowing for a double strike in that 10 sec window.

5. Reuelninja

Reuelninja Member

I agree and disagree with geargas in the sense that, most of epis' skills in t3 are not very helpful, especially s3.

However, S2 dark is gold ... it allows you to do her most damaging s1 skill twice in 1 rotation.

Ive done a lot of testing, and i find that taking both t2 target weakness and opportune strike, rises up my dps a lot more.

As for farming, if you get your stats up to a certain point ... s2 dark and s4 dark gets you swinging with infinite mana after the first wave. That is the ultimate farm build

6. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

So I used to think the same on the S3 but upon going that option for dragons I'm pulling an extra 3 mil DPS roughly. It helps to grab the dragonling kills easier thus empowering her performance overall.

7. Reuelninja

Reuelninja Member

I find it hard to trust dragon raid results because its the game mode where my nyx can score top dps, or in the bottom among the dps characters ... all in the same game session.

How is it in wb1?

I tested getting s1 light... i wasnt happy woth the results.

8. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

Taking S3 for WB is wasting a perk. So the S1 Light I think net me slightly more than S1 Dark. I unfortunately didn't think to record previous results for comparison. I will do so on the next go around though.

9. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

I trust them fairly well given a broad number of runs. Epis is almost always #1 or 2 aside from a few fluke runs where she gets killed by a fluke breath or lack of attention.

Reuelninja likes this.
  10. AxelZero

AxelZero Member

maybe it is safe to assume that you are having a demon girl fetishes. First morrah and now this.. Lol xD i always see her on bd70 random team. As the guide says. despite having a very high dmg she needs a lot of protection since on tail sweep or bad breath can ohko her. Can't wait to see her on my inn hehehee....

Drekrim likes this.
  11. Rizleth

Rizleth Active Member

you're not using S4 Dark for general purpose ?(chapter stages/UD or anything with mobs)

also T5 Light is better than T2 Opportune Strike ,assuming she's using endgame gears
    if all her gears has crits substats and ancient crit rune on secondary-gear,she already have 84% crits without priest T2
    if still want crits,just do RDH or RD75 for enchant scrolls
    this perks is usable in any single boss content(GR,CR ToC 65 if you want to challenge it with m.team) ,not WB only
    i also use this on BD80 to reach phase 2 asap

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  12. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

So the only place it's terribly viable is in content you're already easily farming and I've got all three perk pages taken already with Dragon/AoE bosses, PvP, and Single target boss builds and it honestly doesn't up my clear time by much.

True the main reason I take Opportune Strike is it gave an extra 10% Crit Damage and freed up a line for ACC as I felt like she was missing too often especially in PvP. But yes if you already have her at 85% Crit by all means swap Opportune Strike out for T5 Light.
    ToC 65 isn't a single enemy though if memory serves me right? But yes I probably should have labeled it as Single Target/Enemy fights rather than World Boss.

13. Rizleth

Rizleth Active Member

have you tried it on Urkak?
    not its not single,but it doesnt take more than 20 secs (depends on team) to kill May & Laias ,but im sure most people will bring Maria or Viska with S3 Dark to kill May & Laias ASAP
    most of the time my party having trouble with Ricardo so thats why i consider ToC 65 as single target bosses

14. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

Well played on Urkak. I don't know why it never dawned on me to try that out there. I would almost think taking that and the S3 Light could produce some mind numbing damage totals.

So as odd as it may sound my ToC 65 team has neither Maria or Viska. I actually run Demia, Scarlet, Mitra, Baudouin. Since they take a little time to build up I typically don't have Ricardo alone until the last 45-50 seconds, but I see where you're coming from.

15. Rizleth

Rizleth Active Member

forgot to mention you raid party also need Mediana and Pris on hell mode
    its just to test my magic DPS tbh,im using physical teams for the first run clear each month

16. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

Fun fact I have both of those!

Sooo my best magic DPS after Epis is...unique. Morrah and Sonia...Then a big drop off to ones not high enough to bother naming. Started working on Mirianne though since I had 2 copies of her UW.

17. nonsensitivity

nonsensitivity New Member

would be interested to know your analyis on Mirianne. I got 4 copies of her UW and lady luck made it 3* UW from pure gamble..... I must build her, but not sure how yet LOL At the time being, I will build Epis for the Transcend event according to your guide, still have her at 5*.

18. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

I'm still in the process of getting Mirrianne set up. I haven't edited the guide yet, but once you hit T5 on Epis if your crit is high enough you can skip Oppurtune Strike and get her T5 Light instead as @Rizleth pointed out.

19. chen1k

chen1k New Member

Sorry for asking a silly question, how to equip 2x FD and 2x BD gears if the weapon slot is filled with the UW?

20. Rhawiel

Rhawiel Active Member

ORB!