1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

General Questions After A Month (Or so ) Of Playing

Discussion in 'General' started by DaGOAT86, Nov 14, 2017.

1. DaGOAT86

DaGOAT86 Member

Ok...I think I've hit an impasse with this game.

I actually have two accounts. My main one is a physical based team featuring Clause, Gau, Lakrak and Kaulah. The 2nd consists of Jane, Maria, Luna and Kaulah. My questions pertain to the physical team, though.

The main issue I'm having is with leveling. The biggest EXP jars you can have do little to level my chars anymore. Gau is level 60 and Trans level 1, but getting him to 80 seems like a huge slog. I've heard doing Hell mode makes life so much easier, but I'm not sure just to unlock it. The sites I've gone to on the subject contradict one another. Was hoping to get some clarification on it.

Another round of questions I have is with gear. What gear should I actively seek out for my teams? What runes to use? How do I make awakening easier? How do you unlock the other rune slots?

One issue I'm dealing with is farming gold. It seems practically useless outside of the vault. Is there another way?

2. Aria Hann

Aria Hann Moderator Staff Member

Hell mode unlocks after clearing Chapter 6-21 Hard. No need to clear the entire chapter on Hard, just 6-21. Protip, try doing Chapter 6-1 Hell since that's loads easier than Chapter 1-1 Hell for some reason. Also, just do conquest every day on hot time with 1 hr exp boosters. It really helps, I swear.

For gear I would mostly just go for Red Dragon since Crit matters more to me than an insane pool of mana. A lot of people would say it's better to use BD for more mana since almost all skills require mana and no skills = no DPS anyway but for me, Crit matters even with auto-attacks plus cooldowns exist so mana doesn't matter all that much if everything's on cooldown anyway. Like, there's a point where you gotta stop stacking on the mana. There's a lot of ways to make mana regeneration faster anyway.

For Clause, make sure he has a decent amount of HP substats, P.DEF for his 2nd skill, and P.BLOCK or M.BLOCK (I think both are okay?) for both 2nd and 4th skill since they trigger something upon blocking an attack. I gave my Clause the bracelet accessory (the one that gives P.DEF) since P.DEF actively benefits him more.

For Gau, I just run basic DPS substats on him (even though I use him as a tank lol). I don't think he has much of a problem getting enough mana to do the 4th skill even though I didn't give him any mana runes. Either earrings or ring should be fine on him but since he's off-tank he'll do okay with the earrings, I think.

Idk much about Lakrak since I don't use him yet, I think basic DPS substats are already good, emphasis on Crit DMG (since he already has some Crit to begin with being a mechanic and all), and ATK SPD since his passive deals damage per auto-attack so faster auto attacks = more chances of his passive activating.

Kaulah is straight-forward as well, give him all-red dragon for stronger heal, just compensate with mana runes if needed. In case y'all haven't noticed, I really like mana runes. You can also give him some HP substats so he won't be susceptible to assassin kills if you use him in PvP.

All gears that are not UWs only have 1 rune slot. UWs have 3 rune slots. Vespa is misleading, lol. But yeah, there's no rune slot unlock item or whatever in-game. I like using mana/atk runes since that's not a substat you get from gear plus I like having lots of mana without having to use BD gear. Gear awakening never really does get easy lol it's really just having lots of money and fodder gear.

Nnnnot really, it's also just spamming hell mode and selling everything. They say orbs sell for more money than other kinds of gear so try farming at levels that drop orbs. Same with Conquest, just do vault at hot time + 1hr gold booster. There are also other sources of gold like ToC (some levels drop chests with lots of gold which I like). If you spam hell mode every day you also get like, 1,100,000 gold if you spend at least 500 stamina per day via the Event Missions tab.

Sorry it's so lengthy lol. Hope this helps, though!

3. Rizleth

Rizleth Member

basically everything is easy(but takes time) when you have 4 heroes with T2 that are good at spamming hell-mode
    just by spamming 1-1 hell mode gives me about 1-2 millions gold(2-3 millions on hottime) in 30 mins
    im not sure about exp,but each heroes got millions of exp in few hours of spamming
    hell-mode conquest also gives 150k+ golds / run and lots of exp (200k for lv71+ on hottime)

there's a guide for exp farming,you might check it,it also shows what geared needed to spam hell-mode

Aria Hann likes this.
  4. DaGOAT86

DaGOAT86 Member

The problem is getting leveled and awakened enough to do Hell Mode. Even Hard mode seems like a struggle. Shoudl I just spam Chapter 6 stages with exp boosts to level?

5. Aria Hann

Focus on doing all Conquests on the highest difficulties you can do during hot time with exp booster since this gives the most exp for the shortest amount of time, then if you still have time left and exp boosts to spare feel free to spam Ch.6 stages for more exp. ^^

6. Rizleth

Rizleth Member

level doesnt really matter between 61-70,transcend does matter,gears really matter
    im spamming ch6 hard mode for 2 months, 5 hours auto-mode/day,just to get *5 Ancient with perfect substats for 4 heroes,although its not recommended because you need to save those magic powders for BD70 gears,because you need like hundreds of thousands or even millions of it

or do this if you're busy,and do BD70 later with just defensive chara if you lack gears for DPS

7. Aria Hann

Levels do matter, though. The increase in stats from leveling up really does make a difference.

8. Rizleth

Rizleth Member

i mean between 61-70 only,because the priority is get decent T6 gears to spam hell-mode then get levels by spamming it
    if just spamming Conquest everyday without farming gears, no matter what levels, hell-mode is impossible

9. Aria Hann

Oh lol I actually used to just spam Conquest every day and farmed for gears in dragon raids because I generally like legendary gear better than ancient ones. Now that I have hell mode I just spam Chapter 6-3.

But yeah if you wanna progress faster, spamming stages is the way to go since gear is easier to come by there and you also gain exp. Plus it gives money too by selling all useless gear~

10. Rizleth

Rizleth Member

do not ever sell gears from hell-mode,yes it gives you a lot of golds,but you will need magic powders better in the end
    CH7 hell-mode drops magic powders box (150) but im still need more,because you know 1,5k powders/enchancement :v

11. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

(always sells gear from Hell grinding)
    ...welp

Aria Hann likes this.
  12. Aria Hann

I just meant selling the purple gear from Hell Mode, actually. (though I am still the kind of person who would sell Hell Mode gear since I'm so desperate for money to Transcend my heroes...)

13. DaGOAT86

DaGOAT86 Member

Ok. I'm stuck again. I've tried 6-21 on easy like...20 times and can never get past 2 stars. I've even experimented with Gau as my tank, Lakrak and Aisha as my dealers and Kaulah as my healer. Should I just auto during Hot time to level them up?

14. Aria Hann

Maybe it's a gear problem? I think 6-21 is physical immune in some parts so it's important that your Aisha kills things fast. Levelling them up will always help somewhat but it could also be gear.

15. DaGOAT86

DaGOAT86 Member

Ok. What would be the best gear to get for my current team? Dragon gear? All of them are 51 and above

16. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Member

T5 Heroic gear at 2* or higher should be fine. If you're still struggling, it's either bad team synergy or you're still too low of a level. You can always go back and get 3* or 4* heroic gear if you want. I leveled so fast that I only got 4* Ancient gear from Chapter 6 Hard before I started doing 1-8 Hell, so consider sitting back and leveling your four T1 heroes for a day to make the content a joke.

17. DaGOAT86

DaGOAT86 Member

My current team is Clause, Gau, Lakrak/Aisha and Kaulah as a healer. Where could the synergy issue come from?

18. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Member

Lakrak isn't a primary damage dealer, so since you don't have any, you'll require more levels and more gear to beat enemies before the timer runs out.

Aisha is a magic dealer, and you have no magic amplification nor magic resistance shred, so her damage output is hindered by not giving her any buffs.

In both cases, you're doing way less damage than you could if you switched some members around.

19. DaGOAT86

DaGOAT86 Member

I got Lakrak for his CC ability, not damage. With the way I was going, Gau/Aisha was meant to be the main DPS and Lakrak was supposed to keep enemies in check. I heard the Clause was supposed ot be a good hybrid tank, but he's beginning to fail me a lot. So, if I were to re-structure my team, how would I go about it?

20. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Member

Gau isn't a primary dealer, either.

The question becomes: How much time are you willing to waste in getting a better team up there compared to keeping your current team and slightly over-leveling them to get to 1-8 Hell?

If none of your other characters are anywhere close, I think you should just stick with your current team until you have the levels and gear to start 3-manning 1-8 Hell with a single unit to soak XP, and that's when you can start building another team if you want.