1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated [Guide] Alabaster Corpse Jane

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Luxcardia, May 30, 2017.

1. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

What to expect from this guide
    1. Hero Introduction and Acquisition
    2. Hero Advantages and Disadvantages
    3. Hero's Skill Breakdown
    4. Equipment Runes and Substats
    5. Who she works well with
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1: Hero Introduction and Acquisition
    Jane is a 3 star Knight and is not part of the 4 starter heroes, meaning that you'll have to either get her at the inn, use your 7th day 3 star ticket for her or buy her with 6000 rubies from the special store.

At the moment, Jane is the only tank that has a lifesteal skill that scales off the number of enemies on the screen, making her one of the best self sustaining tanks for PvE content.

2: Hero Advantages and Disadvantages

Advantages
    - Self sustaining tank
    - 5 second stun with a very large AoE on first skill
    - Able to buff team's M.DMG
    - Revives once after death
    - Short cooldown on skills
    - Sleepy girl

Disadvantages
    - Not as much P.DEF or M.DEF compared to other tanks
    - Rather long skill cast animations
    - No defensive party buff

3: Hero's Skill Breakdown

1st Skill: Funeral Rites
    Mana Cost: ••
    Cooldown: 8 Seconds
    Skill Description:

Jane lifts her coffin and slams it on the ground, dealing X M.DMG to all enemies in range and stunning them for 3 seconds.

Skill Attributes:
    1st Attribute: Increase damage by 10%
    2nd Attribute: Increase damage by 15%
    3rd Attribute: Increase stun duration by 2 seconds

Funeral Rites is Jane's one and only CC skill, but holds the longer stun duration at max attribute alongside Clause. The AoE on this skill is extremely large and with a very short cooldown, it is extremely effective.

2nd Skill: Mark of Death
    Cooldown: 7.5 Seconds (DoT lasts for 30 seconds dealing damage every 1 second)
    Skill Description:

Jane engraves a mark on every enemy, dealing X M.DMG constantly over a period of 30 seconds. While marked, enemies take 25% extra M.DMG.

Skill Attributes:
    3rd Attribute: Increase damage by 25%

Mark of Death
    is one of Jane's DoT skills. Buffing M.DMG at the same time while dealing damage, it is a very important skill to have up at all times if you're running her with a magic team due to it transferring over through battles.

3rd Skill: Day of Ruin
    Cooldown: 12 Seconds (DoT lasts for 15 seconds, dealing damage every 1 second)
    Skill Description:

Jane opens her coffin and starts stealing the life of all enemies around her for a period of 15 seconds, constantly dealing X M.DMG, healing herself for 100% of the damage done and gaining immunity to status effects while the skill is active. Damage is increased if enemies are marked.

Skill Attributes:
    3rd Attribute: 1% mana recovery

Day of Ruin is Jane's self sustain skill. Nothing much to be said about this skill other than it's absurdly long cast time. Definitely recommended to have up at all times.

4th Skill: Rest in Peace
    Mana Cost: -
    Cooldown: 1 time use
    Skill Description:

Upon taking fatal damage, Jane enters her coffin and recovers X HP over 5 seconds. She is fully immune to all damage while in her coffin.

Skill Attributes:
    1st Attribute: Increase recovery by 10%
    2nd Attribute: Increase recovery by 15%
    3rd Attribute: Increase recovery by 25%

Rest in Peace; Jane's passive that separates her from the other tanks. Interestingly enough, she can be healed while in her coffin state, and she keeps aggro at the same time.

Jane's kit points towards a support/defensive tank that can buff her party member's damage, while at the same time allowing the healer to support the other heroes as she can heal herself. The cherry on top is her having the longest duration stun alongside Clause with a massive AoE.

4: Equipment Runes and Substats

Jane's Unique Weapon: Erekura, Unchanging Mind
    Every 4 seconds, deal damage equal to 10% of your total attack to nearby enemies and reduce their attack by 10%. When passive activates, recover 30% mana.

When you're farming for substats, getting defensive substats such as HP%, P.DEF, M.DEF are the only ones you should be considering. I personally recommend looking for P/M.Block chance based on your preference and HP%.

Why those substats?
    Jane is a tank, the one who is taking damage all the time. If your tank can't take the damage, your entire team is dead. Blocking an attack is a great way to mitigate the damage that the enemy does, and having a higher base HP is a great way to stall for time if you're in a sticky situation.

Runes

Putting runes on a tank is pretty much a no-brainer. Runes that increase your tank's survivability are the only runes you should be putting on your gear, with exception for the MP/DMG rune on secondary armor. If you have her UW, you can consider sacrificing a slot for a MP/Attack rune.

5: Who she works well with

If you are going to use Jane as your tank, these are some heroes that I recommend.

Healer: Kaulah
    With how Jane works as a tank, Kaulah is an extremely good healer to use with her. Since she can heal herself, Kau can spend more time using his 3rd skill instead of healing all the time.

Support Heroes: Heroes that deal M.DMG
    Honestly with how the game is at the moment, there isn't much disadvantage to running a full M.DMG team. Considering that Jane is able to boost the M.DMG done to the enemies, running a full CC team with heroes such as Pavel and Maria would allow your team to dominate the PvE aspect of the game.

Of course, the heroes I mentioned above are who I recommend, many other heroes synergise with Jane. If you want to forgo CC, having Arch and Luna in your party will allow you to run a full damage comp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the end of my rather overdue Jane guide for now. I will try my best to keep it as updated as possible if any future updates concern Jane :)

2. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

Post reserved for updates

3. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

I think my jane p.def is 11k an m.def is 13k which she is there to tank an not to kill that what people fall off from. Nice work

4. Zerataurion

Zerataurion Member

which is better P/M. Block or P/M. Def?

5. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

it kinda hard to block the dps in this game. if you have 60-80% P/M Block an the skill hit 5 times you may get 4hits but in def you going to get 5 but power wont be as high, P/M block is to help a little but with the right team block don't mean nothing... P/M def an MAX HP is what need to be high, I seen a Jane take 500,000+ in 1 shout, after looking at the player Jane P/M Def was 6k-7k each but P/M Block was 120-140% each. plus it all about how you want your Jane to be an the player wonder why his Jane die so fast. high penetration will take away the block from what I been reading up on.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  6. Yoshiya

Yoshiya New Member

i guess the madame...(mirror thing) is good also what do u think?

7. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Administrator Staff Member

8. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

Yea I have 2 of them one on Pavel don't know why but the other on Jane I'm trying to see what the new hero bring to the table

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  9. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

Yup, it's one of the better artifacts to put on your tanks

10. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

They need to post online what all she need cause by looking at her she have P/M def-- P/M Block-- P/M tough which is kinda crazy cause none of the gear I seen so far have tough on it and I use all my Reforge ticket to try in see if it come up but no luck...

11. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

P/M tough can only be gotten from runes unfortunately, only P/M DEF and Block can be gotten from gear substats.

12. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

I been finding rune that have it but what tough for? do it help the def or block? It should be a stats list that say what all these thing do.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

It's more of a mitigation I would say, I'm not entirely sure how it works as well tbh

14. Riexa

Riexa New Member

Thank so much, I was looking guide for Jane just like this. So detail

15. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

Well P/M tough is 550/400-49%/40% which is off

16. Sagitarius

Sagitarius New Member

Any suggestions for Transcendent perk for Jane ?

17. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

For trans 1, HP would be my suggestion. P/M. DEF isn't as useful since the last patch, due to the huge buff to overall defense values.

For trans 2, they are all pretty good overall. Personally, I would suggest choosing Experienced Fighter for her. If you're facing issues with team survivability, Battle Cry is a much better option. I really wouldn't suggest Fighting Spirit unless you're having extreme issues with mana gain and as for magic shield, it is useful for magic bosses, but not recommended as well.

18. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

agreed with the trans 2......experienced fighter also a good combo with her 2nd skill which increase mdmg....also....her lifesteal increase with experienced fighter....

19. Kimnoa

Kimnoa New Member

Thanks for the tip Looking forward for the update.

20. BabyTroutman

BabyTroutman Member

Okay i need to know... how come with my jane no matter what team I go against they always push her back like she paper, but it take her forever to die but by the end of the p.v.p she be in the back with my dps

Attached Files: