1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Kara - Epitome of Technomagic

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Lethiathan, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Lethiathan

Lethiathan New Member

Hey Everyone,

Introduction

Wanted to give a quick guide to Kara as I see a few posts about how to use her and after some research and help I'm in a position to give a fairly comprehensive guide on how she works.

Why Kara?

Kara is a strong M. DPS with a very cool and unique aesthetic, I mean, who doesn't like floating guns?! On a more meta note, she is a designated single target nuker who can annihilate single targets while having an entire second tool kit which is useful for PvP, what's not to love?

Ability 1 - Anti-personnel Laser / Siege Laser

She has 2 Seperate abilities for her 1, Anti-Personnel laser:

[​IMG]

And Siege Laser:

[​IMG]

Let's talk about AP Laser first, this is her first ability when not in siege mode (we'll come to modes later). It does a decent amount of damage to all targets in range, making it a very strong AoE ability while also applying CC to all enemies, it's pretty much exclusively used when there's a large number of enemies around and there needs to be some CC, or in PvP as a large AoE knockback is just fantastic!

As for Siege laser, this is about as opposite an ability as it can get. It's only active in siege mode, is a little more mana heavy (makes a difference, I'll explain later) but does a ridiculous amount of damage on a Crit when you stack it with transcendence perks it can hit stupidly high. However, it is a single target ability, so for boss hunting it'll slaughter but I wouldn't recommend using it on multiple enemies unless there's only 2 or 3.

Ability 2 - Wide-Area Cannon/Focused Fire

So Again, we have 2 abilities, So we have Wide-Area Cannon for AP Mode:

[​IMG]

And for Siege mode we have Focused Fire:

[​IMG]

So let's begin with Wide-Area Cannon, this is a 4 Mana ability to drop 4 circles on enemies and stunning for 4 seconds, the damage is distinctly "Meh" in my opinion but it's got a nice amount of AoE (see a theme here) and a good chunk of CC that again makes it a more PvP/AoE focused ability.

And then we have focused fire. This is a slightly complicated one, so you attack 15 times in and each one of those can attack a random target and each of those gives you a stack of focused fire for 20s, meaning you get 15x bonus damages to your auto-attacks. But it can stack 30 times, but has a 22s cd, you can augment this with Artifacts to push the CD lower or take a transcendence perk so it either stacks twice as high or stacks 2x but we'll go into more detail about that later, tl;dr solid damage amp ability, may struggle to get it off repeatedly due to mana issues.

Ability 3 - Release Siege Weapon

The Big one:

[​IMG]

Release Siege Weapon is what makes Kara unique. This is how she can swap between abilities and changes her entire role. This is more augmented by her ability 4 but I'll show that off later. So in AP mode you have higher mana regen, and your AoE abilities but gain less damage and have more resistances, due to her passive. In siege mode you fly, gain wings, become CC immune, and do a hell of a lot more damage in return for being more squishy. It costs 2 mana to initially activate siege mode (defaults to AP) and at the end of every round she drops back out, so it can be slightly annoying but it makes her super good.

Passive - Essence of Technomagic

Makes Kara's forms even more unique:

[​IMG]

Now, although it says "Recovers 40MP each time DMG is dealt to an enemy." she really regains mana super slowly in Siege mode, but you pay for it with the other benefits, and a mana battery like Laias or the Stopwatch Artifact work well on her to keep her mana alive. It makes her forms unique, and the AP mode can save her ass in PvP as she's a lot more tanks than most expect.

Gearing and Uniques

Kara's Unique weapon is 0-Form Perpetual Motion Cannon, Heaven Shatterer.
    It's kind of a beast. It makes her more of a long term slugger, as it gives 30/40/50/60/70/80% damage increase, stacking 1% per time, meaning over the course of a long fight she grows stronger and stronger and stronger, making her extremely suited to WB content. This weapon is a MUST. It makes her kit so much stronger and allows her to be a full main DPS.

Kara's UT3 is Ancient Power Source.
    It increases her damage in siege mode by 50% and reduces targets mdef by 1% on a crit, stacking 20/24/29/35/42/50 times. This is ridiculous, giving another huge stack of damage onto siege mode and giving it an mdef shred? This treasure is stupidly ridiculously useful and I highly recommend picking it up if you plan on using kara in a pure M. Dmg team or in any WB content.

Kara's UT2 is Recording Device KARA-00XX.
    It has 2 effects, [Wide-Area Cannon] has 50% increased damage and reduces enemy attack speed by 100, and [Focused Fire] has a 2% reduced cooldown per crit hit and recovers 150 mana. This is an interesting twist on Kara especially if you're running the transcendence perk to give Focused Fire 60 stacks, it will allow you to stack up quickly as you should be running at 85% crit with 15% crit off of a priest passive (probably Laias). It's also more effective as a PvP Treasure if you're running Kara on a PvP team as the attack speed reduction just makes wide area cannon a lot better.

For General gearing you want to hit Crit at 85% and stack attack and attack speed. Crit DMG is not 100% necessary due to high amounts obtained in Transcendence, but a little bit never hurts. A small amount of lifesteal is recommended and if you're running her in AP a little CC resist can never go awry. You also want earrings for the bonus Atk in PvP or you can rings in PvE if you need the survivability.

Runes:
    Rune of Fierce Attack x 3 in Weapon
    Rune of Frenzy in Armour
    Rune of the Heartless in Cloak.

Artifact choice is pretty limited, Masks are decent for specific PvE content. Main artifact here is Pocket Watch as Cow Horn DOES NOT WORK. PvP usually Golden Cat or Spring are good.

Transcendence
    T1
    Pretty much always run ATK up here, can't go wrong with it.
    T2
    Target Weakness unless you plan on running more T3 perks.
    T3/4
    Pretty much always want at least Darkness - Essence of Technomagic, it gives AP more mana regen at cost of more attack and gives Siege 140% bonus crit damage at cost of 20% reduced defences, it just makes her so much more powerful
    Release Siege Weapon Light is good for WB content as it increases her Dmg by 100% against a single target, Dark is very good for Focused Fire build as it reduces CD by 3% per crit, comboing with her UT2.
    Wide Area Cannon/ Focused-Fire Dark is also very useful for FF build as it pushes stacks up to 60, making her again a slow more methodical shredder.
    T5
    Only real choice here is light.

Example Builds -
    Focused Fire Siege Kara
    Atk Up, Wide Area Cannon Dark, Release Siege Weapon Dark, Essence of Technomagic Dark, Kara Light.
    Auto Attack Siege Kara
    Atk Up, Target Weakness, Essence of Technomagic Dark, Release Siege Weapon Light, Kara Light.
    PvP Kara
    Hp Up, Special Bullet, AP/Siege Laser Dark, WAC/FF Dark, Kara Dark.

Pro's & Con's of Kara

Pros
    - Strong Single Target Damage
    - Flexibility to be used in PvE & PvP
    - Looks Cool as Fuck
    - Can drop Bosses like it's hot

Cons
    - Heavily UW Reliant
    - Not best played on Auto
    - Not great for newbies
    - Is as tough as a wet paper bag in Siege mode

Teams
    Kara works well with any M.Dmg teams, but excels with amps and mana batteries, Characters like Viska work extremely well as a tank or sub DPS for the large magic amp on Kara, and as mentioned many times Laias is a wonderful mana battery to keep her ticking over. My personal recommended tram is Viska, Annette, Kara and Laias

Thanks for Reading! Please leave any Comments or Suggestions below.

Edits: Added best friends and accessory choices. Removed Cow Horn

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. Mikazuki

Mikazuki New Member

Question, other than mana battery Priest and Artifact, anyway to increase mp?
    like mp regen worth it? and Atkspeed affect the passive regen count right?
    i'm still considering whether to pick her or not

Her auto is really that bad? How her auto work?

3. Lethiathan

Lethiathan New Member

There are Transcendence perks that increase it but usually you have to give up a damage perk (i.e Light Release Siege Weapon and Light Anti personal cannon) both give mana back but you lose out on big damage buffs. I'm not 100% sure if passive affects regen because her siege auto's work weirdly (not technically auto attacks because brazier doesn't work) On auto she's ok, but you can get more dps out of specifically choosing spells i.e going straight into siege and you need to use it off auto if you're running FF build.

4. Elcrest

Elcrest Active Member

Thanks for guide!:D Was interesting to read.

P.S. Earrings are good when you have protective enchantments. Ring on dps is also a valid option.

Also want to get Shea from Inn asap to test with Kara :3

5. Lethiathan

Lethiathan New Member

Rings are pretty good too! I'll update but in AP you can get away with earrings. I hear good things about Shea but I'm working on Viska rn Shea is on my test list

6. Kirino

Kirino New Member

woud like to inform you that the Drinking Cow artifact does not work with Kara while in siege mode tried it myself

7. Lethiathan

Lethiathan New Member

Hm, I'll edit the guide, I was always sure I saw it work, I guess probably Pocketwatch is best

8. Merope

Merope New Member

Thanks for the guide, it improved my Kara a lot (Transcendence picks).

Is there anything I should improve on when it comes to stats? Presumably more ATK spd.

[​IMG]

I also just read that Drinking Cow doesn't work so I'll replace that as well.

Once again, thank you for the guide

9. Lethiathan

Lethiathan New Member

Your Kara is really well set up and would work well aside from the trinket! Nice one! :D

Merope likes this.