1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated [Guide] Nyx : Unlimited Bladeworks!

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Tigerios, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Tigerios

Tigerios Active Member

Spatial Coordinator Nyx
    NyxReveal.png

Introduction
    Nyx is currently the only wizard that deals physical damage. He is one of the few characters that could hit multiple enemies just by his auto attacks. Plus, his auto attacks are deadly.

When it comes to manually using him at PVE, he can really wipe enemy mobs even just by his auto attacks. His performance however drops when it comes to playing him auto. He relies on his Blade stacks to deal damage to more enemies. Sadly the AI is not smart enough to stack it to maximum and refresh it continuously.

PVP wise, his auto attacks are annoying to deal with. Plus he can cleanse the enemies' buffs to annoy them further.

He's great at Raid as well. Especially at Black Dragon. Though you'll have mix emotions due to the lag that his 3rd skill causes.

Pros
    • High Dps
    • Can cleanse enemy buffs
    • Auto attacks are deadly
    • Hot Daddy
    Cons
    • Need to stack and refresh the blade stack
    • The number of enemies hit with skills are limited to the number of stacks and stacks are limited to 5
    • Sucks at Auto
    • His stack can be removed by enemies with cleanse
    Skills

DimensionBlade.png Dimension Blade

Deals ??? P.DMG to targeted enemies. Each enemy provides a Blade Stack. The number of targets is equal to 1 + Blade stacks and the max number of stacks is 5.

Mana orbs: 1
    Cooldown: 5 seconds

Attributes
    1. DMG increases by 10%.
    2. DMG increases by 15%.
    3. Increase Crit Chance by 250.
    The damage is not that high. This skill is mainly used for increasing and refreshing the Blade stack.

What is the Blade stack and how does it work?
    It increases the amount of enemies you can hit with your skills.
    1 stack = 1 enemy
    You then add it to your original attack.
    Example:
    Original attack (1) + 1 blade stack = 2 enemies
    Original attack (1) + 2 blade stacks = 3 enemies

DimensionCleaver.png Dimension Cleave
    Deals ??? P.DMG to targeted enemies and removes positive statuses. Hit enemies take ??? P.DMG over 10 sec and are knocked over for 3 sec. The number of targets is equal to 1 + Blade stacks.

Mana orbs: 3
    Cooldown: 14 seconds

Attributes
    1. DMG increases by 10%.
    2. DMG increases by 15%.
    You'll mainly use this for the cleanse and CC effect it gives. The DOT is just a little bonus.

InfinityBlades.png Infinity Blades
    Deals ??? P.DMG to frontal enemies and the final attack deals ??? P.DMG to one enemy, knocking over said enemy for 3 sec. The number of targets for the last attack is equal to 1 + Blade stacks.

Mana orbs: 4
    Cooldown: 25 seconds

Attributes
    1. DMG increases by 10%.
    2. DMG increases by 15%.
    This will be your main damage dealer. With the help of UW, it has some kind of piercing effect. So having enemies clumped together can increase the total damage. Having your stacks maxed is highly recommended.

HiddenBlade.png Hidden Blade
    Every auto attack, fire an additional blade and deal ??? P.DMG to target enemies. The number of targets is equal to 1 + Blade stacks.

Mana orbs: 4
    Cooldown: 25 seconds

Attributes
    1. DMG increases by 10%.
    2. DMG increases by 15%.
    This is the reason why his auto attacks can hit multiple enemies and are deadly.

Which skill to upgrade first?
    All skills when maxed have increased damage plus an added effect of 250 critical. Choosing any is fine. But if you're still undecided then,
    S3 > S4 > S2 > S1
    or
    S4 > S3 > S2 > S1

Unique Weapon

MagnusFille.png
    Dimensional Key, Magnus Fille
    Auto Attacks pierce through enemies in a straight line and gain 40% additional DMG.

You get high damage from equipping an UW. Then you get a Piercing effect. It's pretty recommended you get it.

Gear Options
    We will mainly use Nyx for DPS, so it's better we take options like Atk, Atk Spd, Crit, Crit Dmg% and Penetration. We would want to prioritize Atk and Atk Spd because Nyx shines with his auto attacks. Not to mention it will also help in increasing mana regeneration.

Then we go to Crit Dmg%. Why Crit Dmg%? Because it increases Nyx's damage output even further when he lands a critical hit. Keep in mind that when all skills are fully maxed, they get an additional 250 Crit. Therefore you don't want to stress on getting Crit on all gear options. Plus be aware of the skills and buffs that your other heroes give that increases Crit like Kaulah.

Penetration should be the last on your priorities.

Recommended to have at least 1 lifesteal option to sustain yourself when you get hit.

Runes
    Weapon
    Mp/Atk
    Atk
    Atk

Or

MP/Atk
    MP/Atk
    Atk

Or

If you have a mana problem
    All Mp/Atk
    (If you have no mana problem)
    All Atk

Primary Armor
    Crit Dmg%

Secondary Armor
    Crit

Artifacts
    I'm not that experienced in this department but, here is some that I recommend.

Golden Cat Statue - Who doesn't want more Atk Spd?

Burning Braizer of Elf - Say goodbye to your mana problems

Synergy
    Tanks

Any will do as long as they do their job. Though I recommend:

Philop - The best tank for any P.DPS team.
    Clause - The free version of Philop. He has buffs and debuffs that could really protect the team.

M.DPS

Maria - The Queen of CC. You could combo her Black Hole with Nyx's 3rd skill

P.DPS

Gau - Let him raise your Atk further. Can cleanse your team while Nyx cleanse the other team. His 3rd skill has a black hole effect so you could combo it with Nyx's 3rd skill

Priest

Any will do as long as they do their job. Though I recommend:

Kaulah - You want him for his buff and his heals

CHEERS!
    Finally done! Hopefully this guide could help others build Nyx. It still is your choice if you want to follow this guide. So feel free to experiment with other things!

Images are from (http://www.kingsraid.wiki)

2. Tigerios

Tigerios Active Member

To be updated

A few changes
    Additional information
    Transcend Perks

Will update this as soon laziness leaves my system.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Dru likes this.
  3. Suwandi

Suwandi New Member

What gear type RD/BD u recommend?

4. Orcbolg

Orcbolg New Member

From my point of view i would go for the BD for late game because all of Nyx's skill when maxed out give 250 crit and I (personally) don't see the need of stacking more of it when I can get MPR/ATK % from the BD set. Early game I think that RD would be OK but as you start maxing out your skills start moving over to BD.

5. Gammak

Gammak New Member

Thx for this guide,

Waiting for the update :D

6. SlaJaZz

SlaJaZz New Member

should i use it in my team like clause, nyx, maria, kaulah? or any other suggestions?

7. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

Which one better for nyx t2? Destroy armor or circuit burst?

8. Tigerios

Tigerios Active Member

I prefer to use Moral Rise since it increases the whole team's Atk. Circuit Burst increases Nyx's total damage but with a price to pay.

It still is your choice on which one you want to pick. If you're asking for my recommendation then it would be Moral Rise.

9. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

I hate the price actually, so i tried to avoid circuit burst *lol
    Thanks for the recommendation tho XDDD

10. Gammak

Gammak New Member

Which one better for nyx t3 ? :)

11. darjkragnarok101

darjkragnarok101 Member

What's the fastest way to stack Blade? Keep on spamming 1st skill until it reach 5?
    Does the blade stack have effected time? How long it will disappear?

12. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

2L = mana cost is reduced by 1
    2D = +100% Damage if there's 1 enemy
    4L = +15% / each enemy on field
    4D = 10% chance to dispell enemy buff

I take 2L atm, it is good & i recomend it.
    I think 4D is good but it has limited use. I mean there's no point of using that if your enemy doesn't have buff
    2D is making nyx more 1 target dealer, but still i think 2D is not good enough because skill 2 have 3 mana cost (pretty high) so you can't spam it freely
    4L is the worst on my opinion.... i don't recomend it

this is my opinion, i hope this can help you decide

13. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

The fastest and the only way to refresh & increase blade stack is by spamming 1st skill, unless you have achieved t5 for nyx. T5 nyx allow him to increase blade stacks through auto attacks therefore you don't need to keep spamming 1st skill. (lol)
    Blade stacks stay for 20s, it will disappear if you don't refresh it in 20s.

14. darjkragnarok101

darjkragnarok101 Member

By refresh you mean spamming 1st skill in 20s, right?
    Just got Nyx UW 2 days ago and planning to get him, but 6k Rubies is too much :(
    I have Maria but to find 3 sets of Wizard/Priest decent gears is the real pain, may i switch to Lakrak? Does he synchronize well with Nyx?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  15. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

I would think 4L would be rather big since at minimum it's a 15% damage boost to your auto attacks which aside from S3 most of his damage comes from auto attacks. Not to mention that in most raids there's at least one or two phases with multiple smaller enemies this perk would further increase his terrifying small mob clear speeds. Not to mention S2 is basically just there for a buff removal/small knockback and doesn't really do much damage so it's mainly just auto attacking and S3 that you're worried about so why not get an even bigger damage boost for it? I mean if you choose it, then either the 15% to party or 40% to Nyx perk in T2 then at minimum you're getting a 30%-45% damage boost with only 1 target on the field.

16. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

Thanks man, that can work too. However, when using 4L keep in mind that the reduction in enemy numbers also reduces nyx's attack buff.
    I think nyx is OP enough for AOE, so I don't take 4L because nyx can clean mob fast enough for me. I take 2L so nyx can spam his skills freely, therefore increasing his DPS.
    I think 4L leads him to be more OP in PVE, while 2L leads him to be more OP in PVP.

For T4, I take 1D (+1 blade stack), this perk works well with nyx (dark) in T5.

T4 Perks are:

S1 perks:
    1L = In exchange for 1 additional Mana Cost, cooldown is reduced by 3 sec (this is useless, see T5 dark for nyx)
    1D = Max Blade stack is increased by 1

S3 perks:
    3L = cooldown reduce for 5 seconds
    3D = 10% chance of knocking back the enemy

S3 is the most damaging skill among nyx's skills but it has a long cooldown (25s) so you can't spam it freely even though you have enough mana orb. The cooldown can be reduce with 3L tho, then again it's your own choice to build your nyx.

T5 perks:
    Nyx (light) = ATK, DEF, HP +10% / Crit DMG +20%
    Nyx (dark) = When auto attacking, there is a 10% chance of stacking 1 stack of Blade. Nyx's ATK is boosted by 10% per each Blade Stack he holds.

By taking t5 perks nyx (dark), your nyx will be more deadly than before. Check out the damage calculation bellow:

Damage calculation for Nyx (dark):

5 blade stack (without 1D perk) = +50% attack
    -T2 Moral boost (+15% attack aura): 50% + 15% = +65% attack
    -T2 Circuit burst (+40% attack): 50% +40% = +90% attack

6 blade stack (with 1D perk) = +60% attack
    -T2 Moral boost (+15% attack aura): 60% + 15% = +75% attack
    -T2 Circuit burst (+40% attack): 60% +40% = +100% attack (GGWP, nyx is so sick)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  17. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

Yes, refresh means spamming skill 1.......
    Nyx is worth to get....... his DPS is incredible...... the only thing to do is keeping him alive. He's pretty squishy (lol).

I recommend Gau for CC because of his skill 2 and 2 CC skills. Gau S2 increases party attack (nyx's as well) and cancels debuff for your team. Gau also can protect nyx with his CC skills and tankiness. Gau T3 perks for S2 will work perfectly with nyx.

Gau S2 perks:
    S2 Light = ATK boost is increased by 40%
    S2 Dark = ATK SPD boost of 200 is added to the effect

Choose either one, both works well with nyx.

18. Drekrim

Drekrim Active Member

Yeah but it's always at least 15% as it's 15% per enemy. So you have a constant 15% buff to your auto attacks(which if you've built in tons of attack speed adds up in a hurry) with the potential to sky rocket to unreal boosts. (60% for instance at the beginning of a PvP match) I would argue that that would give you a bigger overall DPS increase even on just a single target than being able to use S2 slightly more often.

19. darjkragnarok101

darjkragnarok101 Member

I using Morrah as my tank and Lakrak as CCer, and do not want to change other tank.
    Can i switch Lakrak with Gau? does 2 melee is good?

20. K-Leb A Win

K-Leb A Win New Member

At last i get what you mean after I tested it, and I like your idea lolz
    Thank you tho