1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated [Guide] Rodina: The Blizzard's Sniper

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Luxcardia, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

What to expect from this guide
    1. Hero Introduction and Acquisition
    2. Hero Advantages and Disadvantages
    3. Hero's Skill Breakdown
    4. Equipment Runes and Substats
    5. Who she works well with
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1: Hero Introduction and Acquisition
    Rodina is a 3 star mechanic and is not part of the 4 starter heroes, meaning that you'll have to either get her at the inn, use your 7th day 3 star ticket for her or buy her with 6000 rubies from the special store.

At the moment, I personally feel that Rodina is one of, if not the best P.DMG single target damage dealer due to how her skills synergize, while bringing some form of CC to the table. However, while she can dish out plenty of damage, she can be fairly squishy so be sure to protect her.

2: Hero Advantages and Disadvantages

Advantages
    - Amazing single/multi target DPS
    - Backliner position, harder to get hit
    - 1st skill has knockdown and penetrates
    - All skills have +50% critical damage on 3rd attribute
    - Cute :p

Disadvantages
    - Very little CC compared to other mechanics
    - Extremely slow mana gain (seriously, even with a mp/atk rune it is still really slow)
    - Immobile while using 1st and 3rd skill

3: Hero's Skill Breakdown

1st Skill: Penetration Shot
    Mana Cost: ••
    Cooldown: 8 Seconds (full charge time approximately 3 seconds)
    Skill Description:
    After casting, Rodina goes into an immobile stance and charges a shot that penetrates through enemies in a straight line. After casting ends, deal X P.DMG in a straight line. Damage is increased by 150% in proportion to the total casting time. If she finishes charging her shot, it will knockdown the enemies it hits.

Skill Attributes:
    1st Attribute: Increase damage by 10%
    2nd Attribute: Increase damage by 15%

3rd Attribute: Increase critical damage by 50%

Penetration Shot is Rodina's only form of CC and one of three damage skills. Due to the skill's damage being dependent on charge time, I wouldn't advise using it unless you desperately require the CC or if your 3rd skill is on cooldown. Do take note that she is susceptible to CC while immobile.

2nd Skill: Target Aim

Cooldown: 15 Seconds (Buff lasts for approximately 20 Seconds)
    Skill Description:
    Rodina marks a target, and while the target is marked, target receives
    50% increased damage from all attacks. In addition, increases Rodina's P.DMG by X.

Skill Attributes:
    1st Attribute: P.DMG increasion rate is increased by 10%
    2nd Attribute: P.DMG increasion rate is increased by 15%

3rd Attribute: Increase critical damage by 50% for the duration

Target Aim is Rodina's one and only self-buff skill. Increases her single/multi target DPS, and works extremely well with her two damage skills. Highly recommended to keep the buff on at all times.

3rd Skill: Focused Fire
    Cooldown: 20 Seconds
    Skill Description:

Rodina takes an immobile stance and fires 10 shots at random enemies, dealing X P.DMG per shot and damage is increased by 10% for each subsequent attack.

Skill Attributes:

Focused Fire is Rodina's second damage skill and her main source of damage. This skill is absolutely devastating to multiple targets and especially to single targets due to the exponential damage increase per shot. In her immobile state she is susceptible to CC.

4th Skill: Rapid Shot
    Mana Cost: -
    Cooldown: 10 Seconds

Skill Description:
    Every 10 seconds, fire 2 consecutive shots and deal X P.DMG.

Skill Attributes:

Rapid Shot is Rodina's passive skill. Deals pretty decent damage, but unfortunately does not allow her to gain mana if her shots hit due to it being classified as a skill.

All of Rodina's skills complement each other very well, with all four having a very high emphasis on their damage being boosted by a heavy critical build. While she may have a very slow mana gain rate, the damage she can output makes her a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

4: Equipment Runes and Substats

Rodina's Unique Weapon: Rodina Custom Rifle Mod.0
    Upon attacking an enemy, inflicts additional 100% P.DMG at a 10% chance and knocks back the enemy.

Farming for Rodina's items might be quite a pain, due to how reliant she is on getting critical hits. Your top priority on item substats would be critical chance and critical damage. For your third substat you may wish to go with either attack speed for a slightly faster mana gain rate or defense penetration to stack upon the innate 10% she comes with.

Why a critical build?
    Since mechanics come with an innate 10% critical chance and 50% critical damage, stacking these two substats would greatly improve the damage on your skills. Even with my non-maxed build, getting a critical hit is the difference between dealing 2.6m instead of 600k on her first skill.

Runes

On Weapons:

Rune of Sharpness: Defense Penetration +[15%/10%/5%/3%]
    Ignoring more of the enemies defense = you dealing more damage

Rune of Fierce Attack: Attack +[15%/10%/5%/3%]
    More attack = well... more damage

Rune of the Agitation: MP recovery/attack +[150/100/50/30]
    Unless you have her UW, I wouldn't recommend it as even with it, her mana gain is still very slow. Not to mention you could be pumping out a much higher damage per shot and potentially 1 shot an opponent with the runes above.

On Primary Armor:

Rune of Frenzy: Crit Damage +[30%/20%/10%/6%]
    More critical damage on a critical build is always welcome.

On Secondary Armor:

Rune of the Heartless: Crit Chance +[15%/10%/5%/3%]
    More chance for a critical hit speaks for itself.

5: Who she works well with

Due to her rather slow MP gain, if you want to center your team around her as the main damage dealer, the following heroes are who I recommend.

Healer: Frey
    Full party shield! Having Frey to give your entire party a shield to negate CC is essential especially to Rodina, seeing as how she remains immobile most of the time, she can be easily CC-ed. Frey's single heal works wonders for your tank as well, allowing them to keep the enemy away from your backliners for a longer period of time.

Crowd Control: Maria
    Stuns! Shackles! Black holes! Where Rodina falls short in the CC department, Maria our CC queen more than makes up for her. Using Maria's 3rd skill in tandem with Rodina's 1st skill can prove to be extremely deadly, since it can pierce through multiple enemies.

Tank: Jane
    While Jane might be better suited for a magic team, no doubt she is extremely useful for stalling for time and being an excellent front line tank. Jane's innate lifesteal skill greatly increases her ability to stall for time in dire situations, allowing Rodina to potentially turn the tide of battle. In addition to her survivability, she has a 5 second stun on her first skill if she needs to assist with CC.

Of course, the heroes I mentioned above are my personal choices. There are plenty of heroes that work well with Rodina, some examples being Phillop for his ability to reduce the opponents P.DEF and Kaulah who increases attack and attack speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have come to the end of my Rodina guide for now. As this is my first guide, feedback is always and definitely appreciated :). As more updates come out, I'll try my best to keep updating this guide whenever Rodina gets a change.

Special mentions:
    Thanks to @A Can of Pecans for influencing my use of colors in my wall of text above and for providing the ••from her Clause guide which you can find here.

Thanks to @NeoCHI for allowing me to create this guide for the community.

Thanks to @Feo for giving me some inspiration for how to write out some of the parts.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Mongolean, TheGreatWall, Feo and 2 others like this.
  2. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

TBC
    - Arena usage
    - Artifacts (tfw you have none, FeelsBadMan)

Post reserved for any future updates or edits.

3. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

#feelsbadman
    sing2x follower here!

4. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Administrator Staff Member

Awesome guide!

5. Feo

Feo Member

A great guide, I like how you add recommendations of bringing out Rodina's potential by using your play style/line up as an example!

A question: How much of the red dragon's yellow bar does Rodina's knockdown decreases it? Rodina's in my inn now, halfway through - so cute omg. Also does her UW utility affect the dragon's yellow bar - if so, by how much? (although 10% doesn't sound much but it definitely would help during emergencies when the yellow bar lags or has a tiny bit left haha!)

6. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

As for how much of the RD's bar Rodina's knockdown decreases, it does approximately as much as a 3 second stun from what I can see. As for her UW, unfortunately I don't have it so I am unable to test it out.

If anyone else who sees this thread has it and is able to test it out, please enlighten us!

7. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

10%......same like clause 2nd skill.....not much....but passable.......

8. Feo

Feo Member

I see! thanks yall!

9. NaughtyPanda

NaughtyPanda New Member

do you think rodina is uw dependant? and what bout lorraine pairing with rodina? does that work out?

10. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

Rodina's UW helps quite a fair bit with her overall damage output, but she isn't dependent on it to deal huge amounts of damage. As for Lorraine, she can pair with Rodina, but they don't really benefit each other. If you want to use a mage, I'd rather you use Maria for her black hole which works very well with Rodina's 1st.

11. NaughtyPanda

NaughtyPanda New Member

alright. thanks! haha

12. kentaruu

kentaruu New Member

T_T my team is: Rodina, Kaula, Phillop and Pavel, I feel bad for my Rodina :'( I built her at wrong team

13. Luxcardia

Luxcardia New Member

Actually your team works pretty well with her! The heroes I mentioned are just who I prefer to run with her :) Pavel can work as your CC unit, Kau and Phillop work well with Rodina as well due to Kau's ability to buff her and Phillop to reduce enemies P.DEF.

14. ordnaela

ordnaela New Member

What skill would you recommend for her first trans?

15. einsewalde

einsewalde New Member

Excuseme

Im building this team :
    5* Luna
    4* Clause
    4* Rodina
    4* Kaulah

Will this team works ? Especially in PvE, raid and towers

16. Benevolence

Benevolence Active Member

Usually when they say "TBC" it never happens lol

17. iamtheawesomeone

iamtheawesomeone New Member

Well, my team is consisting of philop (tank), lakrak(CC and also my sub damage), rodina(main damage) and frey(support).
    do you think there are other heroes that is better with my team? if so, tell me. thanks. :)

18. DeAdP00l

DeAdP00l New Member

RD Gear of BD Gear?