1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide]Shea, Aria of Fantasy(Balance Update)

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Kirino, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Kirino

Kirino New Member

Shea
    I know some of you bought Shea through sheer curiosity and other excuses (like having her as a waifu material) but fear not I'm here to guide you in making your Shea one of the best (or not) Priest class in the game.

Strengths

+ Strong Heal w/ able to reduce incoming damage
    + Mana Recovery
    + Stronger than Priscilla's and Mediana's attack buff combined
    + Can constantly remove enemies buffs if she has 3 stacks of Trance (by using her S3)
    + She is pretty (not quite needed to say but i can't help it)

Weaknesses

- Long Cooldowns (28 seconds)
    - A bit slow start up when casting her skills (base attack speed)
    - Vulnerable to being disabled (CC)
    - If her channeling gets cancelled and all of her skills are on cooldown she is useless
    - Your team is gonna have to rely on their self-sustain (lifesteal) while her healing skill is on cooldown
    - Definitely not newbie friendly

Personal note: She may have a lot of weaknesses but some of them can be slightly (or more) covered by following my advice read below (skip Skills section).

Skills

[​IMG]
    1.Great Nature's Melody
    Cost : 2 mana orbs / Cooldown : 28 sec
    Heals a total of ??? HP of all allies over 8 times. For the duration of skill, all allies take 35% reduced DMG. If used when Trance is stacked up to 3, this skill's Heal rate is increased by 100% and for the duration of skill, all allies take 70% reduced DMG.

Skill attributes
    1. Heal rate is increased by 10%
    2. Heal rate is increased by 15%
    3. Heal rate is increased by 25%

[​IMG]
    2.Blue Wind's Song
    Cost : 3 mana orbs / Cooldown : 28 sec
    Recovers a total of ??? MP of all allies over 8 times, and heals ??? HP of the target with max Mana. For the duration of skill, CC duration is reduced by 50%. If used when Trance is stacked up to 3, this skill's MP Recovery and Heal rate is increased by 50% and all allies will gain Immunity to CC.

Skill attributes
    1. MP recovery rate is increased by 10%
    2. MP recovery rate is increased by 15%
    3. MP recovery rate is increased by 25%

[​IMG]
    3.Dance of Red Passion
    Cost : 3 mana orbs / Cooldown : 28 sec
    Deals a total of ??? M.DMG to all enemies over 8 times. For the duration of skill, all allies' ATK is increased by ???. If used when Trance is stacked up to 3, this skill's DMG and ATK Boost are increased by 100%, and all enemies' positive effects are continuously dispelled.

Skill attributes
    1. Atk boost is increased by 10%
    2. Atk boost is increased by 15%
    3. Atk boost is increased by 25%

[​IMG]
    4.Trance
    Cost : N/A(passive)
    At the end of the skill, 1 more Trance is stacked. Trance can be stacked up to max 3 times, and if the skill is used when Trance is stacked up to 3, consumes the stack to heal ??? HP of all allies. Trance cannot be dispelled.

Builds and Gear Options
    Shea can be built into 3 types (there maybe more) that might suit her needs.

1. Common(recommended)
    A pretty straightforward build for Priest in general.
    1. Attack
    2. Critical chance
    3. Critical damage
    4. (can be anything you like)

2. Anti CC + Common
    Shea is prone to being CCed and this build will (hopefully) cover that problem.
    1. CC resist
    2. Attack
    3. Critical chance

3. Physical/Magic Dodge + Common (not recommended)
    A build that requires a bit more investment if you want to see some good result from this. Unlike to the other two, this build is not recommended.
    1. Physical Dodge
    2. Attack
    3. Critical chance

Additional Note: Shea can have attack speed as her 4th (or replace the other ones) stat but there is a good and bad thing about it the good is that she is able to heal or give buffs faster and less chance of being CCed the bad gives her lower duration of her channeling meaning you won't be able to make fully use of it unless your heroes have full mana and ready to burst down their enemies. (At 250 attack speed the duration of the buff is lowered around from 8 secs to 5-6 secs.) So it's up to you whether you will get her attack speed or not.

Runes
    There are plenty of runes to choose from but we all know what to pick right? RIGHT?!

Unique Weapon/Class Unique Weapon: 1 atk / 2 mp+atk or 2 atk / 1 mp+atk
    Regular weapon: 1 atk or 1 mp+atk
    Primary armor: Critical damage(Common), CC resist(Anti-CC)
    Secondary: Critical chance(Common), P/M.Dodge(P/M. Dodge)

Gears + Accessories
    So far the gears that are suitable for Shea are Fire or Black dragon (or mix) sets as for the other two they are mainly for sustain (to live longer in battle). You can pick them if you want I won't stop you. As for the accessories pick either earrings (for more healing) or the ring (for durability).

Unique Weapon and Treasure
    [​IMG]

Unique Weapon: Charming Melody , Schwanheite

When Trance is stacked, all skill cooldown is reduced by 10%, and recovers own Mana by 200.
    Personal Note: This will cover her long cooldown problem (only slightly unless you awakened it). She is fine without her Unique Weapon (tried it myself) so it's not a must but nice to have.

[​IMG]

Unique Treasure : Fairy's Crown
    [Dance of Red Passion] Upon activation, enemies are inflicted with Silence for 2 sec, and all allies' Crit DMG is increased by 20% for the duration of skill.
    Personal Note: A treasure that gives Shea buff to her allies and debuff to her enemies at the same time. Like her Unique Weapon it's not a must but nice to have.

Artifacts
    There are not many artifacts that are helpful/useful to Shea (for now) but there is one artifact that might help her lower cooldowns (which is my personal favorite so far) and its name is.

[​IMG]
    Pocket Watch of Ancient Civilization
    Every 10 sec. reduce all cooldown by 1 sec and increase ATK Spd by 80 for 5 sec.

Personal Note: I know it's kinda a bit underrated (maybe just me) but it helps my Shea slightly from her long cooldowns even though it's not much.

There could be other helpful artifacts I don't know about yet. Let me know if it works for her and I'll update and post it here.

Transcendence Perk

T1(Self buff)

ATK Up : ATK is increased by 30%
    HP Up : HP is increased by 30%
    DEF Up : DEF(both) is increased by 35%
    Crit Resist Up :Crit Resistance(both) is increased by 200(20%)

Note: Always pick either HP Up or ATK Up for durability or Healing Power.

T2
    1.Vengeful Curse : when hit by an enemy. attacker's DMG is reduced by 70% for 3 sec. This effect only activates once in 40 sec, and cannot be dispelled.
    2.Goddess Blessing : All allies Crit Chance is increased by 150(15%). When overlapped with the same perk, only gains 50(5%).
    3.Inner Peace : Per every sec, all allies' HP is healed by 1%, and CC Resistence is increased by 75(7.5%). When overlapped with the same perk, only 0.3% HP per sec is healed, and CC Resistence is increased by 25(2.5%).
    4.Blessing of Mana : Mana recovery per sec rises by 250%.

Note: Pick either 2, 3, or 4 whichever suits your playstyle. 1 is used for Arena.

T3 and T4
    Skill 1 Light : Heals 15% HP of all allies when used.(first heal)
    Skill 1 Dark : Increase Crit Resistence of all allies by 250(25%) while it's cast.

Note: Light is nice to have for that instant (almost) heal. One of my Favorite Perks so far as for Dark. It's mostly used for Arena to keep those one-hitters from killing you instantly.

Skill 2 Light : Heals 500(half mp orb) of all allies when used.
    Skill 2 Dark : Increase ATK Spd of all allies by 250(25%) while it's cast.

Note: Both Perks are useful PVE and PVP pick whichever you like (I picked Dark).

Skill 3 Light : Reduces skill cooldown for allies by 10% when used.
    Skill 3 Dark : Increase amount of DMG that enemies receive by 15% while it's cast.

Note: Light is almost a must for Shea due to her long cooldown problem. Dark... I don't think it's that useful for both PVE and PVP (due to low damage output).

Skill 4 Light : Increase Heal rate of Trance by 100%.
    Skill 4 Dark : If a skill is used when there are 3 Trance stacks, Inflicts M.DMG to enemies instead of healing allies, and reduces all DEF by 10% for 10 sec.

Note : Both Perks are conditional and unreliable at the moment so don't pick any of them for now.

T5
    Light : ATK, DEF, HP+15% / CC Resist +10%
    Dark : At the start of every battle, adds 1 Trance stack and recovers 500 mp.

Note: Light is good to have if you want more stats. For Dark probably useful (tried it myself) but if you are speed clearing, doing Raids (1 phase and stuff) you won't make fully use of it and not to mention if you have her UW and used this perk in adventure mode (and the like) the stacks is total waste...meaning you won't be able to lower the cooldown if your skills are not even on cooldown. Unless you don't mind since you'll be able to use your skills (Trance) a bit faster than usual

My current build for her is:

[​IMG]

Balance Update

Shea : ATK Spd should be a buff option. Buff reduction by ATK Spd has been removed.

[​IMG]
    Personal note : you can now get to keep the 2nd(and probably 3rd)effect of the said skill when your channeling gets cancelled or you manually canceled it. It's a plus for Shea it may not be much but it's still nice improvement.

Ending Note
    All of this is purely based on my short time experience in using her meaning not all of it is accurate and I feel like there are more missing but I have yet to find them and oh you don't have to follow each every direction because in the end it's you (the one reading this right now) that's gonna decide whether you will follow or not. Thank you for reading my guide have fun using Shea. If you have any further questions I'll answer them as best (if I can) of my knowledge.

Credits
    Thanks to Darksider (for giving me permission to use one of his guide as my guideline) and the other mods for giving me the opportunity to make a guide here. and also https://maskofgoblin.com and https://angryraids.ml/#/

changelog
    added Balance Update(May 3)

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    AkashiTay, Darksider and XiongZi like this.
  2. Geardagas

Geardagas Active Member

I have no problem saying that she is the worst hero in the game. Sorry to sound negative but she needs a nearly complete rework if she's going to have any value whatsoever.

Shes only good with 3 trance stacks, and getting there is going to be extremely difficult in any situation you place her in. Also she only gets one trance song because using it consumes it.

I was told that if you cancel a song manually by pressing the skill button, it ends the song and you get a trance stack...but that still means you'll only get one trance song at least 24 seconds into the battle.

Another issue is that I can't even think of a way to improve her that doesn't make her utterly overpowered. That's why she needs a total rework.

Perhaps lowering trance to two stacks would help? That way she could at least have the possibility of access to a trance song early in the battle.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  3. Kirino

Kirino New Member

it's understandable that Shea is not that likely picked due to her (too)conditional skills to make her very effective in battle but please also understand not every new hero is outright strong at start give it some time and eventually she'll get her balance patch(like everyone else) as for the reworking part i don't think she needs one as her skills is good as is(except for the cooldowns). i would say confidently that Shea is not the worst hero in the game just that people have high expectations(some are really picky) on new heroes or something like that.

4. AkashiTay

AkashiTay New Member

The only suggestion i have for shea rework if only she casted a skill the trance stack's will be counted immediately instead of getting cc & wasted the opportunity of getting a trance stack or maybe a rework in T5 perks like when casting a skill 50% chance to proc the 3 trance stacks buff would be better.

5. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

Reminder that replies should be related to the guide and not just Shea herself; discussions pertaining to Shea should go here.

6. AkashiTay

AkashiTay New Member

My bad, guess i'm too excited to see a good shea guide as i'm also one of the people who wanted to get her when it first release.

Thanks Kirino for the awesome guide.

7. Elcrest

Elcrest Active Member

Thanks for the guide! Give me a lot information to think about.

I plan to get Shea in future (got her UW and UT).

Her auto attacks are slow... but thanks for the tip that raising her spd will impact skills duration time.

8. Kirino

Kirino New Member

added a small content(balance update)

9. Ericck

Ericck New Member

Nice guide. Thinking of building Shea myself. This helps a lot, thank you!

10. Elcrest

Elcrest Active Member

It's funny to read now as 4* UW Shea is the best healer for WB as of now.