1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

HPS Rephy for PVE

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by XiongZi, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

**Currently unable to insert some images. I'll update this again later. Sorry in advance for any inconvenience.

A tl;dr for anyone who just wants the build.
    Transcendence Perks
    T1: ATK Up
    T2: Saviour
    T3: Salvation [Light]
    T4: Healing Soul [Light]
    T5: Rephy [Dark]

Gear
    4 Black Dragon Set
    Accessory: Earrings
    Substats: ATK, ATK Spd, Crit, Crit DMG
    Runes: MP Recovery/ATK, ATK +, Crit DMG +, Crit +

I. Introduction
    II. Skills
    III. Transcendence Perks
    IV. Gear
    V. Unique Weapon

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    I. Introduction
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

More people have taken an interest to the once-popular Rephy after he received a hero balance patch. Personally, I don’t believe his balance patch makes him a better priest than the other PVE priests (Frey, Laias, Kaulah) but ultimately, he’s now at least on par with them if you know what direction you’re taking him in. In case you are worried he is UW reliant, then I would have to say that he isn’t.

It should be noted that Rephy does not have a CC skill. He has a decent heal which becomes OP in raids if the correct T4 perk is selected, and he is one of the few current heroes who possess a cleanse skill (the other two being Gau and Annette) and has an M.DEF buff as well. He does not have a shield.

In this guide I’ll be covering a PVE Rephy - or more specifically, a Rephy at the top of the HPS rank in raids and one that will keep most of your heroes alive in World Boss.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    II. Skills
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★​

S1: Healing Soul

Heals the 2 allies with the lowest HP for 10% of their max HP and additionally heals them for x HP over 10 sec. This effect cannot be dispelled.

Mana | ⬢⬢
    10 sec Cooldown

20 [​IMG] - Increase Recovery by 10%.
    60 [​IMG] - Increase Recovery by 15%.
    120 [​IMG] - Increase 50% of MP Recovery per second.

For reference, at around 80k~ ATK, the value of x is slightly over 1mil. You also get an additional 10% of max HP. Don’t forget the 25% recovery increasion from your skill book upgrades. This is all to say, this heal is a monster. You also get a boosted MP recovery. Yes, as most heals are, the healing value is dependent on your ATK stat.

This skill is also a HOT. In case you don’t know how HOTs has an advantage over burst heals, the story is that with burst healing you will have to wait for a hero’s HP to be depleted before you can execute the burst heal without it going to waste. With HOTs, you can cast the healing skill without worry that it’ll be wasted and keep your hero’s HP at a more constant value.

The only downside is that it only targets 2 allies at once.

In a normal 4-hero battle, this heal may be enough to suffice - with some difficulty - but in a raid, or World Boss, it won’t be able to compare to other heals. It makes Rephy lacking. Frey could out HPS him. After all, you can only heal 2 allies out of 9 in a Black Dragon raid, and only once every 10 seconds, and with the fluctuating bars of HP the heal won’t continue to target the same 2 heroes, neither will it always land on the important member - the tank.

This skill, however, is the same skill that lets Rephy shoot up to the top of the HPS ranking in a raid, or any content that saddles on 6 or more heroes - only if you select the right T4 perk. But that’ll be discussed later.

S2: Salvation

Removes debuffs from all allies and increases M.DEF by 7287 for 20 seconds.

Mana |
    12 sec Cooldown

20 [​IMG] - Increase M.DEF growth by 10%.
    60 [​IMG] - Increase M.DEF growth by 15%.
    120 [​IMG] - For 20 sec, increase CC Resistance by 250.

(The value 7287 is the value you have at level 80. It is not dependent on any other stats, so you will only ever have 7287 at level 80.)

There’s nothing to argue about this skill; it’s plain and good. It has low mana cost, cleanses negative effects from your party and also buffs your M.DEF. At lvl80, the M.DEF buff should be slightly over 7k. The value of the buff is not dependent on any other stat.

Although it’s not as great as Frey’s shield, it still provides some CC resist. It may or may not be helpful but it does save you if the RNG is favourable.

S3: Soulrush

Deals x M.DMG to enemies within the area 10 times and reduce ATK Spd by 25%.

Mana | ⬢⬢⬢
    20 sec Cooldown

20 [​IMG] - Increase DMG by 10%.
    60 [​IMG] - Increase DMG by 15%.
    120 [​IMG] - Target takes 25% increased DMG from all sources.

The obligatory damaging skill any priest has; it debuffs but doesn’t count as CC. Also, note that the 10 hits last for 2 seconds - “2 seconds” was also the previous description given for this skill prior to the hero balance patch. So while it does debuff ATK SPD, only for 2 seconds. And it does increase all DMG inflicted in range by 25%, but only for 2 seconds. You can use it smartly, but this skill has a rather long casting time so that should be taken into account when you chain your other heroes’ skills with this skill for the DMG boost.

Normally, DPS-heavy skills have a slightly longer casting time than other skills, so if you want to use this S3 of Rephy’s, you should execute Rephy’s S3 first, and then after that, use your other DPS skills. The timing is dependent on which hero and what skill you’re using.

There’s no need to use this skill in PVE if you don’t want to. It doesn’t count as CC and lasts for a very short time. It has its uses, but it’s more than fine to completely ignore this skill when you’re not auto-ing. This skill has more uses in PVP due to Rephy’s T4 perks, but this is a PVE guide, so I’m not covering that.

S4: Spiritual Tuning

Every 10sec, the ally with the lowest HP recovers 1 MP and x HP.

20 [​IMG] - Increase Recovery by 10%.
    60 [​IMG] - Increase Recovery by 15%.
    120 [​IMG] - Increase 50% of MP Recovery.

Nothing good to see here, just your usual HP restoration after a period of time. The MP regeneration is also pretty pathetic.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    III. Transcendence Perks
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★​

There’s actually no “best” transcendence perks, I believe - it depends on what role your hero is playing and what sort of build you want for them. It can also be a matter of personal preference. Which is why instead of telling you which perk is the best, I’ll rank them (with some bias) with a high HPS Rephy in mind.

∾ Transcendence 1 ∾
    1. ATK Up - ATK rises by 30%
    2. HP Up - HP rises by 30%
    3. P. Def Up - P.Def rises by 50% / M. Def Up - M.Def rises by 50%
    ATK Up, no questions. Higher ATK = better heal. If you feel that your Rephy is really too squishy and dying in every battle, you can get HP Up but, really, just get ATK Up.

∾ Transcendence 2 ∾
    1. Saviour - Recovery power rises by 25% and self mana recovery per second rises by 150%.
    2. Inner Peace - All allies recover 1% HP per sec and gain 150 Status Effect Resistance. Does not stack.
    3. Goddess Blessing - All allies gain 150 Crit Chance. Does not stack.
    4. Clutch - for every 1% of HP lost, Crit Chance rises by 10.
    I debated on whether Saviour or Inner Peace should rank first, but ultimately decided Saviour would be a better option. Reason being your already-powerful S1 will be beefed up even more through this perk, and you also get more mana out of it. Higher mana gain allows you to use even S3 if you wish to, when you normally won’t have enough mana to use all three conveniently.

The second reason is that when you’re raiding, you’ll sometimes have the popular Frey or Laias on other players, and players usually stick Inner Peace onto them. The effect doesn’t stack. For Frey it’s inconsequential, but Laias’ dark T5 perk becomes powerful if she also has Inner Peace. If Rephy snatches away the Inner Peace, then your party member’s Laias will be less useful. And although you want your Rephy to be better than that Laias, you’re also trying to survive in a raid, so just do what’s politically correct.

But if you have Inner Peace which gives 150 CC resist, and use Rephy’s S2 which also grants CC resist, you’ll have an almost-constant 400 CC resist on your whole party, regardless of whether you’re raiding or not. Inner Peace is almost as a good choice as Saviour, I guess. It just depends on what you care about and what you don’t care about.

As for Goddess Blessing and Clutch, they’re all right perks but their Crit Chance isn’t useful enough to top Saviour or Inner Peace.

∾ Transcendence 3 ∾
    1. Salvation [Light] - Mana cost is reduced by one.
    2. Spiritual Tuning [Dark] - Also supplies 1 orb of mana to the ally with the highest ATK.
    3. Salvation [Dark] - Increases own M.DEF by 10% of M.DEF.
    4. Spiritual Tuning [Light] - Uses the skill every 8 sec.
    Salvation [Light] makes the cost of S2 to become 0, since it was originally 1. There’s almost no competition for this perk; you can cast cleanse without worrying if you already have a mana orb on hand, and you can save mana for your S1 and S3. Although it may not seem like you need more mana on your side, with Rephy’s most favourable T4 perk for PVE… you will.​

Spiritual Tuning [Dark] may seem like a good perk and was my initial choice for Rephy’s T3. However, the results just weren’t showing. 1 mana orb feels like almost nothing. Theoretically, though, it does mean something which is why even though it’s not the best choice, it’s still a good choice.

Salvation [Dark] should not be needed unless your Rephy is dying too frequently to M.DMG, which is when you may want to consider this perk. Although, I doubt your Rephy will be dying often to M.DMG so this shouldn’t be needed.

Spiritual Tuning [Light] is next to redundant because the skill itself is pretty useless. Having its CD reduced by 2 seconds isn’t exactly gonna help, either.

∾ Transcendence 4 ∾
    1. Healing Soul [Light] - Mana Cost is boosted by 2 and the effect now affects 6 targets.
    2. Healing Soul [Dark] - Each heal has a 20% chance to remove negative effects.
    3. Soulrush [Light] - Each hit removes 250 mana from the target.
    4. Soulrush [Dark] - In exchange for 1 additional Mana Cost, Silence enemies in range for 1 sec.
    Healing Soul [Light] is so important for HPS Rephy that I had to bold it. I’ve already established how much of a beast Rephy’s S1 is and the only downside is that it only targets 2 allies. Now it targets 6. In a Black Dragon raid, two-thirds of your party will be covered with a constant heal and a boosted MP recovery. In a normal battle, your whole party is covered. There’s still a chance that important heroes will die from OHKOs, which is beyond Rephy’s protection, but otherwise, the skill becomes more than enough.

If you don’t plan on focusing on raids/World Boss, but rather other PVE aspects (...in which there aren’t many left if you take those two out), you have an option to get Healing Soul [Dark] as well. Healing Soul heals every second or even more frequently, so there’s a 99.9999% chance any negative effect will be removed after 10 seconds. If that 0.0001% occurs you just have bad luck.

The Soulrush perks are PVP-geared, so I won’t go through them thoroughly. I believe between [Light] and [Dark], [Light] would be the better option because with 10 hits, it removes 2500 mana from the enemy, which is 2.5 mana orbs. [Dark] which provides a Silence for only 1 second doesn’t seem very worth it. You could pick [Dark] if it slots into your PVP team, of course, but I can’t think of any instances which require that.

∾ Transcendence 5 ∾
    1. Rephy [Dark] - Upon attacking, there is a 10% chance to reduce all DEF of the target by 20% and reduce all the hero’s cooldowns by 5%.
    2. Rephy [Light] - ATK, DEF, HP +10% / M.Dodge +100
    [Dark] for more damage for your whole party. There’s no need to explain this. The base stats and M.Dodge buff in [Light] aren’t really impressive enough to trump over [Dark], so just get the amping perk.

Simpler than ABC.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    IV. Gear
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

Red Dragon / Ice Dragon / Black Dragon / Poison Dragon

Earrings / Ring / Bracelet / Necklace

BD set grants you higher MP Recovery/Attack which is essential for any priest. Quicker mana gain = more skills to be used. Especially if you get Rephy’s T4 Healing Soul [Light] perk, which eats 4 mana orbs at one go. You can also use Rephy’s S3 when you feel like it without worry with a full BD set.

The earrings are pretty much what I've been saying the whole time. More ATK = better healing.

For substats, aim for ATK / ATK Spd / Crit / Crit DMG.

On the topic of runes,

Unique Weapon: MP Recovery/Attack, ATK
    Weapon: MP Recovery/Attack / ATK
    Armor: Crit DMG
    Secondary Gear: Crit

MP Recovery/Attack for the same reasons as the BD set; more ATK to buff your healing. Note for the UW I didn’t state any numbers even though there’s a total of 3 runes that can be slotted in - how many depends on how much mana your Rephy obtains and if there is any mana overflow. Just adjust accordingly from there.

Heals can also crit, hence the Crit DMG and Crit on Armor and Secondary Gear. More healing. More good stuff.

∾ Artifacts ∾

For priests, artifacts are pretty flexible. You could slap almost any artifact on a priest and it’d be useful somehow. Rephy’s pretty much the same. Go for it, my doods.

If you’re having a problem deciding which artifact to use, this guy over here

[​IMG]
    Earth Core
    ATK, HP and all DEF rises by 10%.

is foolproof. Not to mention that you can grind for it through WB and don’t have to rely on RNG like you do for other artifacts. It’s good for any hero. Good for Rephy, too.

For WB, there is one superior-ish artifact.

[​IMG]
    Blessing of Earth
    When there is 1 enemy, ATK is boosted by 40%.

Also grind-able. Also look at that blessing. 40% more ATK. This is the kind of blessing you want to receive when you pray. Higher ATK = better healing. 6 of your 8 heroes will actually never die.

The downside is that artifact, for WB, only works well for Mountain Fortress, who is a single-target enemy for the entire battle. Protianus, on the other hand, summons minions from time to time. The artifact will not be activated in those situations, but for other parts of the battle its effects will be applied. Up to you whether you want to use this artifact for Protianus. I'd use Earth Core for more stability and survivability.

[​IMG]
    Dice of Magical Letters
    There is a 3% chance of dealing 400% M.DMG while attacking.

Rephy's ATK may be high because you want him to be good at healing, but this doesn't help his healing or his survivability. Not at all.

[​IMG]
    Roaring Tiger Statue
    When the Hero that is equipped with this artifact falls below 35% HP, deal Damage equal to 100% of Attack to nearby enemies and knocking them down. The affected enemies lose 14% Attack and 140 Attack Speed for 10 seconds. This has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
    Rephy is a backliner so there probably won't be any "nearby enemies" for this to even happen. Of course that's a different story if you're facing an assassin in PVP, but this is a guide for PVE.

[​IMG]
    The Ancient Scope
    When the Hero that is equipped with this artifact reaches 100% MP, Critical Chance and Accuracy increase by 400 for 10 seconds. This has a cooldown of 20 seconds.

Rephy will hardly be at 100% MP if you're dilligently casting his S1.

[​IMG]
    Judgement of Light Bracelet
    Increases ACC and Status Effect ACC by 300.

Rephy can't even CC. And at the moment, ACC is not a crucial stat in the game.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    V. Unique Weapon
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

God’s Lamp, Kurulati

Every 20sec, the ally with the lowest HP turns invisible for 5 sec. The ally becomes immune to any physical damage, and HP won’t drop below 1%. MP Recovery is increased to 120% per second.

Does it sound super OP? Because in reality, it isn’t actually. If you take into consideration how long it takes to activate, and the duration that the effect takes place, it isn’t really worth it. Of course, the values goes up as you awaken this UW, just like any other weapon, but is it super worth it? The answer is still no.

This isn’t to say that it’s useless, more like to say Rephy is not a UW reliant hero. His UW does help if you chance upon a situation that would need its effects, but it’s all luck-based and situational. A UW is always useful to their respective heroes, but in case you use Rephy, you can feel safe knowing that it’s perfectly fine to leave his UW for the last. You’ll just miss out on some ATK on him and also a very visually-appealing weapon. That’s all.

∾ ☆ ∾ ☆ ∾​

And that concludes the Rephy guide. I realise I emphasised a lot on his S1, which I don’t regret, but you shouldn’t make light of his S2, either. After the buff, his S2 provides a higher M.DEF buff than Laias (try using them on the same team in raids/WB, it’ll be fun) and cleanse and erase some negative effects that Frey’s shield can’t block or completely negate. Why do I compare him to those two? Because they’re the most used priests for PVE, aside from Kaulah, whose heal Rephy can now rival with the blessing of the T4 perk.

As with every other guide, there’s absolutely no need to follow this guide down to the letter. There’s no need to follow it at all if you want to. People have different builds depending on their own team setup and different things will work better for different players because of that.

Reply to the thread if you have any clarifications/advice!

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼
    Credits
    ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

• hands and fingers from God
    • Skill Book images from King's Raid Wiki
    • HQ artifact pictures and some artifact desc. provided by @MoonlitSword

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017 at 9:03 AM
    Aria Hann and TheGreatWall like this.
  2. TheGreatWall

TheGreatWall Moderator Staff Member

Still reading, coz' I'm interested in Rephy... <3

3. XiongZi

my hands are tired I never want to write another guide again

TheGreatWall likes this.
  4. TheGreatWall

HEAL-PER-SECOND <3
    But why? making guides are fun <3 <3 *grins*

XiongZi likes this.
  5. Aria Hann

Aria Hann Moderator Staff Member

I'm so proud of this furry, I might cry
    You forgot (? or maybe it was intentional) to put mana costs and cooldowns. Tbh this guide makes me wanna get a Rephy now lol but I already use Frey and Laias for WB :^(

6. XiongZi

wiggle physics > jiggle physics, never forgetti

Oops, I did :/ too focused on diarrhoea-ing out the guide lol. Thanks, I'll add them in in a sec.
    Kick the Frey out and add the Fur, there will never be any regretti. Plus you also have Laias the Scaly so you have double animal--

7. Aria Hann

Aria Hann Moderator Staff Member

B-But muh team shield............. Also I already T1'd her lol but yeah double animal does sound tempting...

8. TheGreatWall

I love Rephy... but err.... my Dragon Goddess is... dang it :(

Aria Hann likes this.
  9. Rembrandt

Rembrandt New Member

I was waiting for this guide, and I am 100% pleased to see T4!Rephy's HPS getting praise! You put so much work into this, and I'm thankful I finally have something to throw at fellow players who want to know more about Rephy.

Thank you for being wonderful. <3

XiongZi likes this.
  10. XiongZi

No prob! I'm a diehard furry Rephy fan. As an HPS he doesn't really stand out until he gets to T4, then he starts pummeling all the other priests' HPS to the ground. Made sticking with Rephy even before any balance patch was announced worth it.

Rembrandt likes this.
  11. MoonlitSword

MoonlitSword Member

Making guides scare me *rocking back and forth in the corner*

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  12. XiongZi

U P D A T E
    Added a TL;DR and artifacts section. Some guides make a hero-synergy section, but as a healer, Rephy pretty much goes anywhere so I won't bother making one.

Also just wanted to pop in and say I've been doing a bit more raids than I usually do (I actually have a life outside of this game, so) and Rephy's still been topping the HPS chart. Between you and me, I'm pretty sure it's not just a "the other priests weren't trying to heal lol".

Rembrandt likes this.