1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Rampaging Rune Worth it?

Discussion in 'Gear & Runes' started by Sizua, Oct 14, 2020 at 10:50 AM.

1. Sizua

Sizua New Member

Hi, I am Sizua I play on Europe servers, just making this post because I noticed no one really posted about this (at least not in English), and I have received a lot of what I believe to be misinformation about this.

Players have told me it is not worth the rubies, but I disagree.

TL;DR) Rampaging rune is worth every bit of your money; quick, simple, rewards!
    Please skip to section 4 for summary.

1. What is Rampaging Rune?
    Rampaging Rune is one of the ruby per hour based event dungeons that can be purchased from Talisha NPC at Orvel.

Rampaging Rune consists of 4 difficulty levels
    - Easy,
    - Medium,
    - Hard,
    - Hell.

2. Assessing each difficulty:
    (All rune types mentioned bellow are UNIDENTIFIED RUNE CARDS)
    - Easy : Not worth it, rewards are green (uncommon) and blue (rare) runes, which generally give very minor bonuses not really worth your rubies.

- Medium : I would also argue this is not worth your money as you are basically farming for the same blue grade (rare) runes, but with a far higher drop chance for rare.

- Hard : Hard is where the event starts to show a bit of value for the player. Hard mode, whereas Blue (rare) runes are still a common drop, the dungeon can sometimes drop purple (epic) runes. These runes are what make the dungeon somewhat worth your money, and could be recommended to players who need to buff up their characters in order to complete Hell Mode.

- Hell : Hell mode is actually a steal. It feels almost like a scam to be honest. You get a guaranteed Purple (epic) rune drop, PLUS a good chance (Around 40-60% chance) of getting an Ancient rune drop. Furthermore the dungeon is actually pretty easy, and is completable by an early late game team (more details on team comp later). Hell mode is where I can truly recommend rampaging rune.

3. Is it better than crafting and Guild shop?

Hell to the yes. Crafting can be devastating to your gold supply and guild coin supply, or just plain grindy to get, people have long ruled this off of being an effective method (at least for newer players). Guild shop, whereas being free of charge, can take an excessively long time to obtain even a single unidentified ancient or ancient box (depends on guild, strength, etc.)

4. Statistics: MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR
    I only started trialing Rampaging rune today, against what people told me, and here were my results:
    - Stage: Hell Mode.
    - Rubies Spent: 200.
    - Time Spent: <30 minutes.
    - Energy consumed: 4000.
    - Average Team level: 82-90.
    - Average clear time: 20-30 seconds.

TOTAL REWARDS I OBTAINED:
    - 48x
    Heroic Unidentified Rune
    - 24x Ancient Unidentified Rune

5. Team Composition
    Right now I am running a team of average level 82-90,
    Yeah, with just a level 82 average team I obtained this magnitude of rewards in under 30 minutes.
    My team is currently composed of UWs from Starter rewards and gear from Jumping rewards.

My Team:
    Reina (lv 90) - Has UW and UT
    Prisc (lv 82) - Has UW and UT
    Glen (lv 82) - Has UW and UT
    Laias (lv 82) - Has UW and UT

Neva Underestimate the Rampaging rune!!!!
    (Replies and comments welcome)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020 at 2:31 PM