1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Kasel the Rune Fencer

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by jacaut, Nov 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jacaut

jacaut Member

Kasel the Rune Fencer

[​IMG]

Introduction

Kasel is our first character when we start out our journey into King’s Raid. We also receive his UW for free which is a bonus. Being a warrior, he tends to have multiple routes you can take while building him. My guide will be based on a hybrid tank/dps stance.

Personal Preference
    Now from looking around I’ve seen Kasel built a few ways. With him being built to tank, he focuses on dodging attacks more then taking a hit. Some people then try to beef up his DEF to withstand the hits he does take. I decided to go a different route. Most of my MMORPG experience comes from Final Fantasy XI. Now when you needed a tank to take a hit you used a Pld(Paladin) “Knight”. The other way we tanked was by “Blink tanking” through evasion. With this in mind I decided to focus on maximizing Kasel’s Evasion then focusing on his Attack to boost his dps and increase his lifesteal capabilities.

[​IMG]

Skills Part 1

[​IMG] Judgement Blade

Deal X P.DMG to enemies in range, knocking them down for 2.5 seconds.

Attributes

20 [​IMG] Increase DMG by 10%.

60 [​IMG] Increase DMG by 15%.

120 [​IMG] Increase DMG by 25%

[​IMG] Valiant Dash

Deal X P.DMG to enemies in range.

Attributes

120 [​IMG] Increase Crit Chance by 250.

[​IMG] Proxy of God

Knock back nearby enemies and deal X P.DMG. Additionally, increase ATK by X for 20 sec, and increase Dodge rate by 250. Gain Immunity to CC. This status cannot be removed.

Attributes

20 [​IMG] Attack increase rate increases by 10%.

60 [​IMG] Attack increase rate increases by 15%.

120 [​IMG] Increase speed by 250 for duration.

[​IMG] Goddess Strike
    When dodging, deal X P.DMG to all frontline enemies in range. Recover 300 mana after hitting the target.

Attributes

120 [​IMG] Increase Crit Chance by 250.

Skills Part 2 Transcending!

Transcendence 1
    Name: ATK Up
    ATK rises by 30%
    Name: HP Up
    HP rises by 30%
    Name: P. Def Up
    P.DEF rises by 50%
    Name: M. Def Up
    M.DEF rises by 50%

Transcendence 1 I would suggest ATK up since I'm not aiming for the DEF boosts. HP would also be a useful one if you’re lacking HP.

Transcendence 2
    Name: Opportune Strike
    Crit Chance rises by 15% and Crit DMG rises by 30%.

Name: Warlike
    For every enemy, ATK and Status Effect Resist rises by 10%. Stacks 10 times.
    Name: Offensive Guard
    ATK rises equal to half of P.DEF and received P.DMG decreases by 15%.
    Name: Tactical Foresight
    M.Dodge rate rises by 30% and M.DMG taken is reduced by 15%.

Tactical Foresight is the go to for this choice. Mdodge is not a sub stat you can receive through gear so we want to find it where we can.
    Transcendence 3

[​IMG] Valiant Dash
    [Light]
    Cooldown reduce by 10% upon a critical hit (0.8s)
    [Dark] Target takes 25% increased P.DMG

[​IMG] Goddess Strike
    [Light]
    DMG is increased by 40% (10%/25% -> 50%/75%)
    [Dark] Casting is boosted and cooldown is reduced by 1 second (3s -> 2s)

Transcendence 3 can go multiple ways. If you’re more looking for the AoE damage then GS(dark) is your best bet. Kasel doesn’t bring much help to the team through skills, so VD(Dark) is the prime choice in my opinion to give your whole team a boost in damage.

Transcendence 4
    [​IMG] Judgement Blade
    [Light]
    Mana cost is reduced by 1 (3 -> 2)
    [Dark] Ignores DEF if there is only 1 enemy

[​IMG] Proxy of God
    [Light]
    Knock back effect is changed to a 3 seconds stun
    [Dark] Attack boost is increased by 40%

Proxy of god (dark) is definitely the way to go. With animations you cant keep it up fulltime technically without this perk. This way as soon as you get it off you can be CC immune for the rest of the fight as long as you re-apply it.

Transcendence 5
    [​IMG] Kasel
    [Light]
    ATK, DEF, HP +10% / P.Dodge +100
    [Dark] Upon attacking, attack 1 extra time, dealing 40% of ATK as DMG

Kasel(light) is the tanky choice for this perk all around.

Stats

Our focus on stats should be as follow:

· Mdodge

· Pdodge

· Atk

· Lifesteal

· Atk Spd

· Crit

. HP

As I have stated before we want to boost P&M dodge as high as we can. After that point Lifesteal is a key aspect for kasel’s tanking survival. When built right he is extremely self reliant. The challenge there is balancing all the other stats. You want to make sure you have a decent amount of lifesteal, but if you’re attack isn’t high enough the lifesteal wont help. I personally use lifesteal runeX2 so I can focus on pdodge/atk/crit/atkspd for my gear stats.

Gear &Runes

For gear I go with 2FD and 2BD for that extra bit of crit, and mp recovery. 2ID is also a good substitute for when you are needing an extra boost of HP.

Artifacts:
    There is an array of useful artifacts depending on the situation you are in. Instead of going through them all, I'll just list the ones i tend to use.

• Cross Pumpkin Head
    • Golden Mask of Ancient King
    • Primer for the Heroes
    • Angry Pumpkin Head

· Weapon runes: MP/atk x1-2, Lifesteal x1-2
    (I find mpX1 with the bd gear is enough mana)
    · Armor: HP is the choice to go here
    · Shield: Mdodge since its one of the few places to get it

Synergy

Kasel does not offer any special amps or buffs like other knights and warriors do. I think that he can fit in just about anywhere.

Healers

Frey: She has large heals which can be good if kasel gets into trouble. Her shield can help protect the team, and also increases lifesteal. While her skill3 blinds enemies lowering acc of the enemies so you dodge more efficiently.

Kaulah: This guy has a great heal skill, and he can buff your atk/atk spd/crit rate.

DPS/CC

Its best to have mid or back line dps so the mobs are focused on Kasel and he benefits more from his dodge abilities. Your dps/cc units can be anyone you prefer really just make sure they work well together to optimize your damage output.

Disclaimer/Afterthought

Shout out to @TheGreatWall I used your guides to make my own templete for mine lol. Used quite a bit of info and icons from the wiki, Made this go a lot faster! I am always tinkering with gear/runes/set ups in general so any feedback or suggestions are welcomed of course.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    4T4R and TheGreatWall like this.
  2. TheGreatWall

TheGreatWall Well-Known Member

3. 4T4R

4T4R New Member

Can Leo be a great help for Kasel? For he is Physical type...and how about the golden cup as his artifact

jacaut likes this.
  4. StarButerfly

StarButerfly New Member

...beautiful guide though I'm a little unpracticed with some of the abbreviations and am unsure of them what are the FD, BD, and ID's mean?

jacaut likes this.
  5. CupNoodles

CupNoodles New Member

fire dragon set(crit), black dragon set(mana), ice dragon set(hp), poison dragon set(crit resist)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  6. jacaut

jacaut Member

I haven't got to play with many other healers but yes I would think Leo would be nice with his synergy for pdmg teams. I'm not sure which artifact you are talking about though. What's the name of it?

7. StarButerfly

StarButerfly New Member

...ah okay i wasn't exactly sure. So each of the dragons have an armor set to them which improves the potential of each character due to their attribute set than right? Im pretty new to armoring so i want to get it right or as close to right.

Again thank you. <3

8. CupNoodles

CupNoodles New Member

most people would go for is black dragon set for more mana

jacaut likes this.
  9. StarButerfly

StarButerfly New Member

...is that just for Kasel or all warrior types? and also if it's alright i have a question about runing the uw i saw a guide that had four slots for runes, yet i only see three slots for that hero at which i was trying to rune. Is there some sort of key or something that will unlock an extra slot for runes with the heroes?

10. CupNoodles

CupNoodles New Member

no it's all for classes and uw weapon can only have 3 slot runes

StarButerfly likes this.
  11. jacaut

jacaut Member

BD set is definitely the king in pvp, but I'm content with just doing my daily quests so I don't push too hard there. I like to start out with 2RD/2BD and then adjust the heroes gear depending on whether I have too much or too little mana by the time my timers are up.