1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

League of Honor Sucks now.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Delphiki, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

Without the daily mission rewards I don't even want to do it anymore. The 50 UW shards was the only reason I was even competing and now the only rewards worth buying are enchants which are way to damn random to be worth grinding for.

Man I hope they change up this system.

2. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

Thing is, doing League of Honor isn't part of your missions at all. You can avoid doing it entirely and you'd lose nothing but the random enchant boxes you mentioned.

3. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

It just seems dumb to me that the available rewards now that it's actually live are worse than the trial league.

4. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

I feel like the good rewards during the trial season was to encourage players to try out the League of Honor at least a few times to get a good feel of it.

Now that it's open more officially, winning and losing makes a difference. The LoH is really tedious and whales/p2ws in general have an extremely high advantage because if they own 80% of the heroes, you won't even know who to ban and even when you ban the "meta" PVP heroes, they can bring out other teams that can still wreck your team. If you're an f2p, it's really hard to get heroes while juggling with the other progress you have to make. Chances are you'll have so little heroes your opponent will know who to ban and you'll be stuck with some lvl30 team and you'll lose and reap almost nothing from the time you wasted on the entire ban/pick process and battle itself.

In short, it's pretty f2p-unfriendly, and I speak from an f2p perspective myself.

If they had better rewards compared to now, this would just create an even larger gap between p2ws and f2ps, or people who don't spend as much money on the game as others do.
    Plus, a lot of people dislike the whole ban/pick procedure, and dislike doing LoH. If it had good rewards, that would kind of be forcing players to play a mechanism of the game they don't even like, and that's pointless.

It does suck, but you can see it as "the lesser of two evils" kind of situation, I guess. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything; I haven't really even batted an eye in the LoH's direction.

5. Rizleth

Rizleth Active Member

LoH doesnt seems work for the current KR PVP formats,ban/pick for 2-3 mins,less than 1 min match lul
    better to spend those times to do hard raid for the enchant scrolls

iirc Vespa says LoH rewards should be better,maybe the current shoplist isnt final because its still pre-season?

6. Thumper

Thumper Member

I think it's vgood, + you do still get achievements in the shape of UW frags, noobs get points for simply taking part, so they benefit from the shop probably more so.

7. Flarebrass

Flarebrass Active Member

My brother was getting very high winstreaks, and he's able to buy all the rewards in just ~3 days of playing. On the other hand, I'm purposefully losing on auto and it takes me about 5-6 days to get just the essences and frags while ignoring everything else.

I wouldn't have a problem if there was a matchmaking system to allow you to win 40-60% of your games, but I'm constantly fighting people 2000 and 3000 points higher than me. The motivation is long gone and this mode just got released; it's sad that so many people are already macro-AFK'ing.

It doesn't help the matchmaking cause when I'm only losing about 4-6 rating per game, and one win against someone my rating pushes me up by 80+ points. That's not how to build a rating system. I'd like to see what Vespa intends to do with this anomaly in their game.

8. jacaut

jacaut Member

the timing sucks butt. I havent done any of it even when there was daily rewards. Which sucks cause those shards would have been very useful. i do all my hot time stuff during the earlier one. im busy with bedtime routine during the period when arena opens up.

9. MoonlitSword

MoonlitSword Active Member

If you play KR on PC, you can macro during LoH for the unique weapon shards. It's definitely worth your time even if you lose. If you play on your phone, well I can't really help you there. I agree that the LoH sucks and the system should be modified that should benefit the f2p a bit more. Until then, I'll just do whatever I possibly can. Hopefully, the game doesn't turn into more p2w then it is now.

10. OptimisticPessimist

OptimisticPessimist Active Member

Tell me about it. Tries with strongest characters. Get smooshed. Ouch.

11. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

I wouldn't be complaining if they just gave us 50 shards per day back. I wouldn't even need a store, it was worth getting stomped 5x in a row for shards and stamina potions.

OptimisticPessimist likes this.
  12. OptimisticPessimist

OptimisticPessimist Active Member

13. jacaut

jacaut Member

I did a few for the first time last night lol got 170 coins now iirc! I think ill just gear the first 4 heroes and afk play the arena and hope for the best lmao