1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Man, that Roulette "Mini-Game" at the Hero's Inn is such a joke...

Discussion in 'General' started by Shipwrecksos, May 13, 2018.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member

Sorry for the rant, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one in the universe who has felt this way. I fully realize they're not going to give out easy Unique Weapons and Stones of Infinity willy-nilly, but this Roulette mini-game is so obviously rigged to give out crap rewards, it's not even worth the time.

Having to watch it "spin" slowly past the best rewards over, and over, and over, and over, and over again isn't "fun" at all. Even if you have a 0.0001% chance of actually getting something good, having to watch it spin pointlessly the other 99.999% of the time (knowing damn well you're likely never getting anything good) just makes the whole feature feel like a waste of effort.

Azurelis likes this.
  2. Rhawiel

Rhawiel Active Member

Everyone know its rigged at this point.

Azurelis and Shipwrecksos like this.
  3. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member

Seriously, I've seen games at my local carnival that were less rigged than this, lol.

Azurelis likes this.
  4. Darksider

Darksider Well-Known Member

Sorry but I don't honestly see a point to this rant. It's free which completely negates everything you said and amity is always nice. You may have a really low chance at getting anything rare but considering it's free you should accept it or not do it.

XiongZi and Shipwrecksos like this.
  5. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member

Thankfully, they seem to have upped the amity rates drastically for normal friend exchanges. You'll have more amity than you know what to do with just by daily exchanges.

But the free argument doesn't really address the problem. I've seen people give that argument for several mobile game features. I mean..., sand is also "free." But, if someone gives me a bunch of sand, it's not going to mean that much just because it was free.

Rhawiel likes this.
  6. KnockOnDood

KnockOnDood New Member

At most, ive only gotten an infinity stone from it

7. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

Well you should box whoever gives you a bunch of sand in the face because why would you do that. Amity points, gold - no matter how useless you think they are, they're not.

There is actually no problem to be addressed here. It's a daily freebie and you literally do not lose anything by clicking the spin button - by the way you can skip the animation if you click the X, they'll still tell you your received reward - and the amity points you receive are actually really darn useful because of the new Hero's Inn system.

It's basically a (completely free!) summon system, just with visuals. In fact if they took away the roulette visuals I'm pretty sure there would be 60% fewer complaints. That's not to say I'm not salty about only receiving gold and amity points ever since this was implemented. :/

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  8. Darksider

that may use to have been true but with the new system if you bother with affinity you probably won't have too much to keep.

like someone else said there is no problem. I understand your salt as I get not much either but hey it's free even if it's covered in salt. The difference is you could collect all the sand you want while something like amity takes awhile to keep up assuming you have like 4 of the heroes it's not very easy.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  9. boltpride951

boltpride951 Member

The way I see it, if you're going to have a spin the wheel kind of a deal and there's 8 different items, every item should have a 1 in 8 chance. Not something like 0.0001%. I do feel though that because it's a "free" thing, I can't complain about it. I'd rather they get rid of the wheel and just have a something randomly given.

Shipwrecksos likes this.
  10. architect

architect New Member

Yeah, it is just a visual effect, and the chance are not divided evenly.. only got gold and amity... the chance to hit the jackpot must be really low..
    Though now I like that there is option to choose some hero to get, not fixed just one everyday :)

Shipwrecksos and boltpride951 like this.
  11. boltpride951

boltpride951 Member

By far one of the best quality of life changes for me. I'm trying to be cheap and not spend money anymore on this game. Being able to choose among multiple heroes? Yes Please!

architect likes this.
  12. Geardagas

Geardagas Active Member

It's just human psychology that makes people mad and I totally understand it. An actual roulette wheel does not have any odds, there is an equal chance of landing on any space. Because the pointer on this roulette wheel will break every law of physics by slowly moving past something useful to land on something worthless, people get annoyed, because not only is something that has no inherent bias rigged, it's blatantly, unabashedly rigged.

They should just do away with the roulette wheel, it's almost insulting.

KnockOnDood and Shipwrecksos like this.
  13. Darksider

Completely random but relevant question. Is that Fina I see or am I blind?

14. Imgran

Imgran Member

If they just divided the roulette wheel to represent the real chance of getting items, it would be seen as a lot more fair. As it is though, I don't think anybody is fooled, and i can live with the slight frustration of seeing the needle forced to just barely squeak past the tickets every now and then

Personally I think they should just shelve the direct rewards and go to a Points system, spin the wheel to pick up X number of points per spin, spend the points on whatever you want within the rewards system. I think that would be both fair and probably more interesting

Shipwrecksos and boltpride951 like this.
  15. Nightshifter

Nightshifter Member

Hahaha! If you see a "Free" roulette in a game, don't get your hopes up. Just take whatever you can from it since it's "Free". If you happen to hit a jackpot, then good for you.

16. Imgran

Imgran Member

I did win an infinity stone the other day so it does happen

17. Lordix

Lordix New Member

I never win infinity or UW or something real good items except amity or coins... Obviously rigged wheel! Gotta call Las Vegas surveillance chief to arrest the roulette wheel hacker! :)

18. Xaeons

Xaeons New Member

Agreed. They should just scrap the roulette thing and give me Amity or Gold directly without wasting time. One button click is all it takes. Not 1, 2 or even 5 clicks with the same results.

19. Wytai

Wytai New Member

it's kinda irritating at times but it's not as rigged as you think it is? I mean I got 2 Random UWs ticket now from it ....

20. chencking

chencking New Member

I just close the roulette once it starts spinning. Then I get my amity directly