1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Physical DPS and Sub-DPS Suggestions

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by butcheredboy, May 29, 2018.

1. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

Hello. I am about to complete PVE with my magical team, but wanted to have a physical team also. I am trying to get a well-rounded, versatile team for end game activities. So far, I have these characters and weapons to work with:

Charcaters and UW/UT:
    Mediana T2, no UW
    Philop 0*UW (at the Inn at the moment, but about to acquire him)
    Naila Level 76, 0*UW and UT
    Gau T3, 1*UW
    Selene Level 70, no UW
    Priscilla T3, 0*UW and UT
    The usual included heroes

UW only:
    Nyx
    Mitra
    Requina

I was thinking of a team of Mediana, Naila, Nyx/Selene/Gau, Philop. Gua seems great for dragons, but feels weak otherwise (low DPS). Naila seems fairly solid, especially when using her in PVE while trying to get her level up, but there is hardly any info on her. Nyx and Selene seem to need quite the investment to really shine.

I have around 7 Infinity shards and a couple of Unique weapon tickets I can use also. Any suggestions on who I should get, build up, etc? Thanks in advance.

2. Nightshifter

Nightshifter Member

Heroes for this game can excel in one point or another so I guess it's best if you take a look at their abilities+UW to see what will work for them, especially if you're looking at End-Game stuff. For my team comp, I look at every characters skill and UW and look for a good Hero to accompany them. Then I'll try to come up with an equipment set that will benefit the role that I'll assign to them. In an nutshell, it's mostly trial-and-error so you can get a feel of what works.

3. KnockOnDood

KnockOnDood New Member

Gau is essential for Hard Mode Dragon Raids, but he's not for dps. He's only there to burn down the CC bar. Naila is basically Kasel with more CC, and deals more dmg when the enemies are knocked down. She's incredible in PvP

Here are some Single Target Main DPS's to consider
    Gladi (Still a beast; If you can afford to get him, he's an awesome dps that can shine in almost every piece of content
    Requina (An awesome dps that does a great job in World Bosses, and in Guild Raids. She comes with an array of buffs and debuffs and she's also decent in PvP)
    Roi (Can rival Gladi in DPS in World Boss. He needs a lot of investment tho)
    Mitra (Similar to Requina, but attacks a lot faster than she does in exchange of the buffs and debuffs)
    Crow (If you just want to blow the whole world to hell)
    Rodina (A single target and PvP monster, but has an incredibly slow atk spd)

Here are some AoE DPS's to consider
    Miruru (Can be built to either melt CC bars, or melt HP bars. She also shreds armor too)
    Lakrak (Similar to Miruru, but has more DPS than Miruru in exchange of the shred)

Others
    Priscilla (A self sustaining amp for both phys and magic teams. Has pretty good DPS too)

A team you can go off right now (based from that list you gave) would be something like

Phillop, Priscilla, Nyx, Mediana. This team can crush a lot of things in PvE
    Tho, it depends really on who you like using. If you like Naila, for example, you can replace Priscilla for her

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  4. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

From the info above, I picked up Requina. I plan to use her with Mediana, Naila, and Philop. I'm hoping that Naila works out well, since you said she's similar to Kasel (and I hear he's horrible - LOL). If she doesn't, would Miruru be a good substitute?

5. KnockOnDood

KnockOnDood New Member

It's not that Kasel is bad. He just needs REALLY SPECIFIC stats and stuff to make him aweeesome (he's a sort of Dodge tank)

Glad to hear you're picking up Requina!

6. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

KnockOnDood likes this.
  7. KnockOnDood

KnockOnDood New Member

Woops, didn't see this part of the question lol. She can definitely work if you need some cc. You could also use Priscilla instead for the same role. It depends on whose skill kit/effect you prefer more. Tho, i think Naila can suffice

8. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

Thanks for answering that. I really don't like Pris for some reason. It's probably because I don't know how to use her effectively, but she seems to be very ineffective.

9. Imgran

Imgran Member

Priscilla's big drawback is that she has no CC, so she needs a great deal of back line support to survive an en-masse melee attack. Frey is a great healer to pair with Priscilla, because of the shield, which can buy Pris time to whittle down the mobs in front of her.

You really need 2 DPS with impressive CC skills and a healer with shielding to get the most out of Priscilla, because her whole job is to draw a mob to her and try to wear them down with area of effect melee damage, but she's really squishy to try to pull this off. Runes that buff physical defensive attributes (P-Block, P-Dodge, P-Tough, P-Block-DEF) help you buy time to clear away the worst of the mob.

A physical team with Priscilla in front would look something like

Frey-Miruru-Lakrak-Priscilla

Miruru and Lakrak combine well. Miruru brings the heavy ordnance and big time CC, Lakrak brings a smaller but more persistent CC, and combined with Priscilla's DPS buff (and her pulling all the mobs into an easily-splashable range) and Miruru's armor piercing which benefits everyone in the group, it's a fairly potent DPS combination, while Frey's one job is to keep Priscilla on her feet. That can work, especially at the level of the game you appear to be at at the moment.

10. butcheredboy

butcheredboy Member

I'm thinking of picking up Miruru and experimenting with her and Naila or Requina. My Pris is, as you mentioned, squishy. I may go back to her, but it's been hard to do so.

11. Imgran

Imgran Member

Pris makes herself a target and doesn't really have the top notch defenses to make it work unless she's backed by some pretty impressive CC and DPS. SHe's not for everyone, and if you're going to use her, you're going to have to build a team around specifically supporting her.