1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated [Ratten] Luna Guide

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by Ratten, May 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

Hero : Luna , Child of Moonlight
    Class : Archer
    Atk Type : Magical

Thread Contents
    • Introduction
    • Skills
    • Unique Weapon
    • Hero build
    • Item options
    • Runes
    • Transcend Perks
    • Hero Synergy (PvP n Raids)

Introduction

Luna is the straightforward type of hero which packs a lot of dmg against those who likes to use range heroes. A backliner killer. Her skills are based on distance is her trademark as the further her opponents are, the higher dmg luna deals.

Lets start with her advantages first. Her skills only took 2mp bars for her 1st n 2nd skill. Making luna one of the most lowest manacost hero to launch a offensive type skill. In arena where time is of the essence, luna really shines with her low cost skills. Her 1st skill is 100% to bounce to every single hero in arena battle as her 1st skill bounce 3 times after the 1st hit. With the sure 100%, players dont have to think about the positioning or alignment of the skill as well, making luna one of the easiest hero to use.

Now, the disadvantage. The problem with Luna is her passive skill n her t10/Unique Weapon does not compliment her build. Luna as i would call her, a skill spammer. With 2mp bars needed n with 8s n 12s cooldown time, she just can keep on spamming her skills almost with no breaks. However, her passive skill overwrite her normal attack, therefore she dont get mana for the attack. Hence, lowering her mana gain. Her t10 give 40% additional dmg when auto-atk also seems useless as luna would be spamming skills more than she would do auto-atks.

Luna without UW is not much of a setback as Luna UW option doesnt help much and luna skills are low mp cost. So not having Luna UW wont change much except a bit slower mana recharge.

Skills

Pew!

2 Mana cost
    8s cd
    Attribute :
    1. +10% dmg
    2. +15% dmg
    3. +25% dmg

Deal [ ] m.dmg by shooting a bouncing projectile to the nearest enemy, which bounces 3 times. The further the enemy, the more dmg is inflicted.

Those who would like to climb the arena ranks fast, i would suggest to max out this skill as soon as possible as this skill pack a world of pain in it.

Look Out Above!

2 mana cost
    12s cd
    Attribute :
    1. +10% dmg
    2. +15% dmg
    3. +25% dmg

Deal [ ] m.dmg within a small area centered around the furthest enemy. Stun targets for 1 sec. The further the enemy, the more dmg is inflicted.

This is the most powerful skill that luna have. This skill can deal more dmg than her 1st skill but the aoe for this skill is too small that people would prefer her 1st skill to do dmg more opponent. Best use against clustered mobs like the baby dragons in phase 2 red dragon raid n best use against black dragon raid as this skill target the furthest enemy unit.

Twinkle Twinkle

1 mana cost
    15s cd
    Attribute :
    1. +10% dmg
    2. +15% dmg
    3. +25% dmg

Deal [ ] m.dmg to targets within range, and reduce their Crit. Chance by 100% for 20 sec.

This may look like it is useless at first but this skill can actually help to save your team from being killed in one shot in arena as there's a lot of player who uses crit chance + crit dmg for pavel, dimael, selene and others. Also, this skill is an anti-Reina user as this reduces the crit chance by 100%, so reina's 1st skill cd reset when crit hit will be nullified.

Gotcha!

Every 6 sec, deal [ ] m.dmg to the furthest enemy for 5 sec. The further the enemy, the more dmg is inflicted.

Unique Weapon

Hyacinth, Flower of Eternity
    While auto-attacking, deal 40% additional m.dmg to a random enemy.

Hero Build

In this guide, i will be focusing on the Crit chance + crit dmg build as this build is by far have the highest dps tested in both pvp n raids. However, i will include the other options as well. As i know how hard it is to get the perfect options from equipments.

3 main options
    • Atk
    • Crit Chance
    • Crit dmg

Optional
    • Def penetration
    • Hp
    • Atk spd
    Always look for equipments with atk option first, crit chance is still a chance. It is not definite. But Atk is a definite boost to luna dps. NEVER equip something that have crit dmg option but no crit chance because crit dmg is useless if you dont have enough crit chance to back it up. If you cant find equipments with those 3 main options available, you can consider to change crit dmg into def penetration for more dmg, hp for survivability or atk spd for faster mana recharge.

If you follow my guide entirely, you would have these options at the end :
    • Atk = 40%(equipments) + 30%(transcend 1 perks) + 15%(weapon rune) = 85%
    • crit dmg = 80%(equipments) + 30%(rune) + 30%(transcend 2 perks) = 140%
    • crit chance = 40%(equipments) + 15%(rune) + 15%(transcend 2 perks) = 70%

Item option

Keep in mind that you can get up to 10% atk , 10% crit chance and 20% crit dmg for every equipment you have. Also, it's ok to equip lower tier equipment if the equipment have the perfect option for you. With the exception of weapon and accessory as these 2 equipment will affect Luna dps. Also, it would be a good idea to fully awaken these 2 equipment to boost Luna dps.

with UW :
    +40% Atk
    +40% crit chance
    +80% crit dmg

without UW :
    +50% Atk
    +50% Crit Chance
    +100% Crit dmg

Runes

If you got Luna UW, you might wanna use only 300mp/atk runes instead of 450mp/atk as luna uses a lot less mana than other heroes so she will launch her skill faster even with 300mp/atk. So, with the extra 1 rune slot in her UW, you can equip her with atk rune to boost her dps more. However, if you dont have 2 150 mp/atk, just use 3 mana/atk runes. Just keep the minimum at 300 mp/atk.

Weapon :
    +150 mana/atk
    +150 mana/atk
    +15% atk

Primary Armor :
    +30% Crit dmg

Secondary Armor :
    +15% Crit Chance

Transcend Perks

Transcend 1 Perks : +30% Atk
    Transcend 2 Perks : +15% Crit chance and +30% Crit dmg

Hero Synergy

Luna pretty much ok with any hero that team up with her as luna alone can do tons of dmg and she usually stays at the very back of the battle every time. That aside, there are situations where she can do more dmg when combo with certain heroes.

Selene
    Selene compliment Luna as her counterpart for p.dps. If you looking for a balance 1 m.dps n 1 p.dps , then perhaps selene is one of your best choice. Also, selene 3rd skill really compliment Luna skill as selene 3rd skill will push her opponent way to the back, with perfect timing you can have luna to launch her skills as well. This will increase the dmg dealt as luna skills are based on distance.

Maria
    Luna lacks of CC so that's where maria comes by. Maria can also decrease the mdef of the opponent making luna skills more painful.

Jane
    Jane can tank for Luna and at the same time Jane can also decrease the opponent Mdef.

Leo
    Leo main purpose is for arena. As there are many people who can cast mdef shields like morrah, rephy n frey , Leo can debuff all of those shields and allowing Luna to deal full brunt dmg of her skills.

Lorraine
    Lorraine makes up for Luna lack of CC in red dragon raids. Lorraine 3rd skill can stun the dragon with 1 shot making ways for Luna to deal dmg without thinking about getting attacked.

P/S : i hope you guys will like this guide and feel free comment below for more inquiries or questions about luna.

SAOREECE, TheGreatWall, dmg and 3 others like this.
  2. Argetlahm

Argetlahm Member

Ah, another great guide ! :D

3. A Can of Pecans

A Can of Pecans Member

4. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Administrator Staff Member

Good stuff! Hope to see more.

5. Regalia

Regalia New Member

I was looking for points to criticize but damn, was I stumped.

6. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

lol....bunch of typos there if you wanna nitpicking

7. A Can of Pecans

A Can of Pecans Member

Hey @Ratten I got 2 Dimael's UW today... will he work well with Luna?

8. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

wow.....2...nicely done....1* dimael uw.....hurm...13% chance if i'm not mistaken....
    dimael does not really compliment luna....but he's pretty good on his own...do i need to make a guide on him?

9. A Can of Pecans

A Can of Pecans Member

I'm planning to just make him like the CC unit and that's about it xD Maybe secondary DPS I dunno

10. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

hurm......lets see.....his skills are crazy actually.....there's quite a few build for him as well.....
    his total is 12s of cc skill makes him pretty good actually....use a bunch of mana but his atk spd can cover for it.....shackle + blind....if timed right....you can make others use skills and didnt get any dmg from it too.....his dmg is pretty much.....above average if you ask me...if anything....he just dont have debuff.....aside from that....he's a complete 1 hero.....

11. Feo

Feo Member

12% at 1* and 20% at 5* xD his cd procs very very stable & often though..:eek: haha

His shackle at max "Enemy receives 30% more M.Dmg for the duration" (massive burst with other mages):eek:

I also main my Dimael, already maxed all his skills & lvl. Would love to see your guide haha!:D

12. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

ah...forgot his attribute made him as a debuff....
    i hate dimael for various of reasons....
    mainly is because there's too many of him in the game that i started to hate him lol....
    12% at 1*......i thought it was 13%....and 25% at 5*....no?
    cant confirm it as....well...i only got dimael uw with no stars....
    nah....too lazy to make a guide...lol.....but my dimael mostly depends on def penetration, atk spd n atk.....not the classic critical hits build.....
    these r my archers main option....
    luna : atk, crit chance, crit dmg(300mp/atk + 15% atk)
    selene : atk, crit dmg, atk spd (450 mp/atk)
    dimael : atk, def penetration, atk spd (300mp/atk + def penetration)
    arch : def penetration, crit chance, atk spd (450mp/atk) ...... still experimenting

13. A Can of Pecans

A Can of Pecans Member

I wonder, does Dimael's Shackle's 30% increase magic stack with like Jane's and/or Rephy's? If so that would be awesome :eek: (but it probably won't) :(

LuisNguyen likes this.
  14. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

ok........idk if others have noticed this....but king raid mechanism is kinda confusing at times.....

about your question....unfortunately....no....it doesnt work.....
    but.....stuff like philop,leo and selene works.....but leo and clause doesnt work.......confusing isnt it?
    the key is the wordings.....if it stated in numerical form like selene and and phillop debuff, it can add up to each other making the debuff even higher....
    if the wordings stated in % form.....then it is not stackable.....
    which is why stuffs like clause 50% slow wont stack with miruru 40% slow or with bau 20% slow.....if these skills were to stacked up....only clause 50% slow will take place....

15. A Can of Pecans

A Can of Pecans Member

Ahh. So percentages can't stack but integers can. Ooh interesting. Thanks @Ratten!

16. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

quite a few people who asked me about my luna right now....what r the stats and so on....
    these r my luna stats :
    lvl 70 luna...
    3* uw....
    t6 purple primary armor and t6 secondary armor...
    t5 purple orb...
    t6 red ATK necklace....

my stats :
    ATK : 74378
    crit chance : 65%(40% from equipment stats, 15% rune, 10% from archer built-in stat) + 15%(transcended 2 perks) + 15%(my leo transcended 2 perks) = 95%
    crit dmg : 140%
    max dmg : unknown...didnt experiment much nowadays....last i did like 4m for my max....in arena...2.2m is my max...that was with my lvl 69 luna and 1* uw....
    max dps : unknown and varies......i usually get above 1k for raids....with 600k in arena.....depends on the team i and timing....

17. dmg

dmg New Member

thanks for this!

18. NaughtyPanda

NaughtyPanda New Member

who do you recommend more to pair up with luna for cc? maria or lorraine?

19. Ratten

Ratten Active Member

hurm.....i would say it depends on the team build....but maria is a better choice to be match with luna as luna really lack of cc....n maria can just spam her skill in basically 3s....

20. NaughtyPanda

NaughtyPanda New Member

sweet. thanks for the info! :D