1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Selene Guide :3

Discussion in 'Guides & Hero Builds' started by casonlau, Nov 28, 2017.

1. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

~Selene~
    1. Hero Introduction
    2. Hero's Skill
    3. Gears and UW
    4. Transcended perks
    5. Hero's Usage

1. Hero Introduction
    An Elf Princess with a lofty air, she guards the sacred forest. Arrows filled with moon energy follow her will to track down her enemies, and arrows filled with wind energy fiercely pierce the enemy. (copied from Wiki)

2.Hero's Skill
    [​IMG] Arrow Rain
    Mana [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 8 sec Cooldown
    Shoots 12 arrows randomly and inflict ??? P.DMG upon the enemy.

Attributes
    20 [​IMG] Increase DMG by 10%.
    60 [​IMG] Increase DMG by 15%.
    120 [​IMG] Increase DMG by 25%.
    This is Selene's primary single target dmg besides her autoes, most selene users combine 2nd skill with this skill to proc all of her arrows which is really good.
    [​IMG] Rush
    Mana [​IMG][​IMG] 6 sec CooldoWn
    Summon 5 arrows that fly towards the enemy upon auto-attacking. Each arrow inflicts ??? P.DMG.

Attributes
    This enhances selene's auto by firing another auto and this skill has its own dmg and it lifesteal better for Selene as well!
    [​IMG] Moonlight Flash
    Mana [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 20 sec Cooldown
    Fire an arrow in a straight line, dealing P.DMG to all enemies in range based off their current HP. Deals a maximum of ??? P.DMG and inflicts knock down.

Attributes
    This is the only reason why Selene shines in Arena. This is a one shot skill that pairs really well with maria or priscilla.
    [​IMG] Moonlight Arrow
    Passive
    Upon attacking, for 10 sec, ATK rises by ??? and Crit Chance rises by 100. Stacks up to 3 times.

Attributes
    20 [​IMG] Increase DEF drop by 10%.
    60 [​IMG] Increase DEF drop by 15%.
    120 [​IMG] Each attack increases hero's Crit DMG by 10%.
    Her passive increases her att and crit chance, she gets 30% more crit at the start but she gets 50% crit at t3.

Her skills are pretty self explanatory so im not going into much depth of it.

3. Gears and UW
    [​IMG]
    Green Winds, Notos Star Value

Upon inflicting Critical Hit, Attack Speed increases by 200 for 10 seconds. For the duration, auto-attacks will fire an additional arrow worth 100% P.DMG.

Sadly she is really reliant on UW, the att speed and extra dmg it provides let her compete with other dps.

https://imgur.com/a/uwtND
    This is my selene, obviously I can improve her by 5* her gears but I've been lazy to farm bd so imma do it this weekend.

So stat priorities are in order:
    Att
    Att speed
    crit dmg
    Pen
    and 1-2 lifesteal stats

For runes You take 3 att for pve, 2 att 1 mana for pvp (some people suggest 1 att 2 mana)
    For armor you take crit dmg and crit for runes.

At the end dont overcap crit for her, 50 is enough. My selene is perfect (just not 5 starred, so if u need assistance to see if ur selene is perfect just check mine ~.

Earring or ring
    If ur selene is perfect, Ring is a better choice in pvp. My selene one shots with ring and she needs 4 mana so sustain is a huge factor with selene.

Att for dmg, att speed to spam autoes and skills, and 1-2 lifesteal stats to sustain dmg!

4. Transcend Perks

1. ATK up
    2. Precision Shot
    3.Moonlight Arrow (Light)
    4. Arrow Rain (Light) or Moonlight Flash (Dark)
    5. Selene [Light]

t3 gives her 2 more stacks which gives her 50% crit and more att. t4 arrow rain light is better for pve as u wanna clear stage faster then arrow rain light is the way to go. Moonlight Flash Dark is ignore enemy block, this is an awesome perk for pvp, it insta one shots tank that builds solely pblock,(building pdef is a meme since pblock is enuf to sustain) t5 light is the better choice since it gives u more hp att and crit dmg. t5 dark is a gamble with 50%, personally i dont think the chance is worth it and most people say t5 light is better anyway.

5. Hero's usage
    Selene doesnt excel anywhere, however she does a good job everywhere. She is decent for mobbing, she is ok in raiding, and she is ok in wb 2.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    XiongZi and Darksider like this.
  2. Lvan

Lvan New Member

I want to start build my Selena like your Selena for physical team. how much damage she get compared to Luna?

And what heroes have best synergy with Selena?
    Sorry for bad english

3. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

Selene is pretty bad not gonna lie, selene is a sustain dps, that is consistent. Luna however is burst dmg, and she relies on her skills but most of selenes dmg come from s2 and ur autoed. Characters that Selene synergizes with are Maria ( don’t recommend) and pris (recommend). If u wanna build ur team around selene, having clause is good too!! For defense buff and dmg amp. I’m running pris clause Selene, and a priest. Trying to get mediana Rn for more dmg on selene

4. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

How does Selene fare on 0* UW?

5. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

0* uw works perfectly fine, its just that the more stars it has, the more att and the more att speed it has. The crucial part is att speed, since i use her in arena, i desperately need the att speed to combo with my pris. but if ur pve u can stick with 0* but its based on preference. 5* uw is 500 more attk speed and thats a lot

6. XiongZi

XiongZi Moderator Staff Member

Oo great then - I got her UW by chance a while back so I invested a lil in her - I need a phys team for Wed Stockade and also that pos ID - but good to know she's still viable even on 0*.

7. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

She is ok, thing is she excels at everything. That’s why she doesn’t shine. But she is an all rounder!!!

XiongZi likes this.
  8. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

I'm at acct level 65, working on my 4th 5* hero and I have a pretty decent phys team and magic team for world boss and different set ups for dragon raids, world boss, and chapter. Selene is in ALL of those teams. So glad I got her UW and invested in her because her versatility really helps form a strong team no matter the content.

9. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

her verstility make her not shine. Thats why people dont use her much. She shines at so many places that she has no personal place. Like yanne, yanne is good in raids and she is a must for higher raids thats why people have her over selene. Plus selene's dmg isnt that strong

10. StVicente

StVicente New Member

welp... im using her in both pve and pvp, she's my main character so what should i choose for her t4? is s1 light work good with both pve and pvp or s3 dark work better on both modes? what's your choice if u need her both in pvp and pve?

11. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

For me I take: Arrow rain (light) increased damage by 40%. It's a straight up damage increase where as reducing cooldown for skill 3 does you no good if you're already having mana issues. Mine runs 4x BD gear and 1 mana rune and I still have to wait for her mana to catch up.

12. StVicente

StVicente New Member

No no no, im not mean s3 reduce cooldown, i mean s3 ignore block. Between s3 ignore block and s1 dmg increase, which u choose if u need selene both in pvp and pve? That's what i want to ask. Thanks.

13. Delphiki

Delphiki Active Member

S1 Damage Increase.
    Tanks have tons of health you wont kill them with skill3 either way so so what if they block it.
    DPS and Healers if they get hit by skill 3 don't have block so what's the point in avoiding it?
    In PVP you won't ever cast skill 3 twice so there's no reason to reduce it's cooldown.

Thus for both PVE and PVP IMO I would take increased damage of S1

StVicente likes this.
  14. StVicente

StVicente New Member

your answers help me very much, thanks again <3

15. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

thats for pve but ignore enemy block is really good in pvp

16. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

s1 dmg increase is for pve, s3 ignore block for pvp

17. StVicente

StVicente New Member

yeah, ik which is better for pvp and which is better for pve (u said from the start of the thread). but i need her in BOTH pvp and pve. it's so confused to choose then. and Delphiki tell me to choose s1 light since "Tanks have tons of health you wont kill them with skill3 either way so so what if they block it. DPS and Healers if they get hit by skill 3 don't have block so what's the point in avoiding it?". But still, i want to hear your opinions bcs u have gud selene too. then i can decide her skill by all of your helps. thanks.

18. casonlau

casonlau Active Member

I personally dont like wasting money and i just pick the enemy block even for pve. Yea i lose damage but oh well. Most tanks only build pblock and such so i personally just go for it. If ur selene is lacking dmg in pve area then switch to s1 more dmg but thats ur call. I personally pref ignore block

StVicente likes this.
  19. StVicente

StVicente New Member

20. Verandes

Verandes New Member

just curious, is the additional attack from her uw passive able to deal crit too?