1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Live chat has been implemented! Scroll down and join the fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for help to write comprehensive hero build guides.

If you'd like to contribute please let us know in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Questions about Improving Gear Tier (e.g. T7 -> T8)

Discussion in 'General' started by Shipwrecksos, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member

I know at the Forge you can increase the tier of an item if the item has been awakened up to 5-stars. But, I have a few questions about the what happens to the item after the tier increase is complete (see below):
    1. Will all the randomized "options" (e.g. Crit / ATK / MP Recovery / etc.) remain the same as the item tier increases, or will they be "randomized" again???
    2. If I've enhanced all options to the maximum using gold / magic powder, will they still be at the maximum after the tier increase (so I don't have to spend more gold / magic powder)???
    3. Will the "star" rating be reset back to zero after the tier increase (e.g. a 5-star T7 item will become a 0-star T8 item).
    Thanks for any help you can give on these!!!

2. Drazruin

Drazruin Moderator Staff Member

To the 3rd Question it will be set to 0-stars and the next tier as far as i think its logical too i mean just think about the difference in the stats an 0-star tier8 gear has nearly the same stats then an 2-star tier7 gear, so if it would stay at 5* after tier increase your strenght would be like nearly 3 times then before , for rest of your questions im not sure didnt tried it while watching on options ^^

3. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member

Yeah, the star reset is understandable, but maintaining the right 4 options at their full power would arguably be even more important (especially if you've had to blow a bunch of rubies on reforging). I believe star rating only affects the base stats, and not the "options." I may grind out some low-tier items just to test. At higher tiers, the amount of magic powder and gold you need to enhance options to max is INSANE (even during discount events).

4. Drazruin

Drazruin Moderator Staff Member

I know but the tier changes the max value of an option by some points or % too xD

5. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member

True. That's exactly why I'm hoping to test an upgrade soon. I'm grinding out some low level items (first world, easy mode) so that I can enhance their options completely (and cheaply). Once I test a tier upgrade on them, I should be able to determine whether options remain intact, and how much they remain upgraded (if at all).

We shall see.

6. Shipwrecksos

Shipwrecksos Member